DiS Community Hardship Fund Winter Raffle!

Rather than limit the number of tickets people buy, perhaps limit the number of prizes one person can win? Say 3?

That way people can donate as much as they want, but not clear out all the prizes and ensure that most DiSers win something.

3 Likes

I was thinking of it in terms of tickets bought = potential prizes to win.

Basically I just want to end up with the fairest system which encourages the most donations and I’m not entirely sure whst that is.

1 Like

I definitely want there to be an option to enter for just £2 though, I don’t want anyone to be priced out.

1 Like

I think 5x max works and set the donation minimum to £2 a ticket? If people want to donate more they can do and I don’t think they’d be doing so just to win more prizes

4 Likes

Is DiSmas happening? @japes did an awesome job last year!

I’m more than happy to contribute something to the raffle. I’ll think of some options.

yeah

6 Likes
  • yes we should indeed do this
  • no we shouldn’t and also everyone was correct to entirely ignore this post other than @JaguarPirate
0 voters

[i realise my post may have just got lost in the huge number of replies, not wanting to be a dick!]

Fitting that we’re the only ones voting in the poll too :sweat_smile:

Sorry, I meant to come back to reply to you. I think when the suggestion of fund money going to the website was put forward before people were quite split on the issue.

1 Like

i’m not against giving money to the website at all, but the hardship fund for DiSers is a totally different thing and i think the two things should be separate personally

16 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Your playlists are the best m9

2 Likes

:hugs:

I’ve got a Ticketmaster voucher that I never got round to using…think it would be better going to this cause than anything else tbh :slight_smile: Should have at least 6 months to expiry but I’ll check

How will the prizes work - will it be a first come, first served idea where people get to choose their prize in order, or will people have their winning ticket drawn against a specific prize? I ask because there are certain prizes mentioned that wouldn’t be applicable to me (and I assume others) or geographically wouldn’t work.

Could stagger the draw - each day have two prizes, matching geographic ones up with non-geographic, pick a winner, who then gets 24hrs to choose.

Becomes like an advent calendar / daily thing then.

Twelve days of DiSmas.

@xylo says he’s willing to travel anywhere at his own expense

Oh sorry, just saw that’s there’s a form, will fill it in now

hot tub time machine 3

Weird question, but how do you send fluids by courier? None of the ones i use accept them, bar APC maybe, but they’re expensive?