DiS Community Hardship Fund

Hey folks thanks for showing interest, I’ll reach out to you via DM :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would be great if we could get this moving again. Appreciate it’s in surplus, but more and more people are going to need it in the coming months.

Always feels tricky trying to encourage regular donations without coming across as pushy, and when people are already supporting the site, etc.

Could we do another prize raffle thing? Did we have some sort of issue with red tape/The Rulez last time, I forget?

2 Likes

I asked about this a little while ago, organising a raffle or something but nobody really thought it was necessary. Rules schmules, just get on and do it I reckon, the other ones never caused a problem.

The Raffle was a bit of a Covid worry for some people iirc but it was also Absolutely Glorious the first time and maybe it’s about time for another one

1 Like

There were two for the fund iirc that were brilliant and then some people wanted to do one to support the site running costs but looked too far into the rules about charity stuff and got put off I think.

Yeah it was doing one in support of the site that would have been dodgy as they can’t be done for a business, only a good cause. The hardship fund isn’t a business and probably counts as a good cause so I think it’s prob OK

1 Like

I still think it might be a good idea to do another one for the fund tbh what with more price rises etc on the horizon. I wouldn’t mind doing some of the organising/running but would probably need a hand with the technical admin.

3 Likes

I did a lot of the admin stuff last time, might still have the spreadsheets, forms, and macros we used last time, somewhere.

1 Like

Also if wwwo could send me the new bank details I’ll set up my direct debit again. I stopped it when the bank account switched over as it was in surplus, but I should get it going again.

Hi Team

As of the last update the fund has made four grants and received four donations, the fund is currently in surplus with a balance of

£846.82

(Updated the post since we received a donation today :slight_smile: )

I would defiantly start donating after this tight period im going through… (maybe August) I live in a country where abortion is highly illegal and safe options are expensive. I know that we might (hopefully never) need to find some funding from somewhere in the future. So makes sense to contribute a bit when we can.

I’m going to have a think after this busy week is over about fundraising stuff.

1 Like

Happy to help out as well if needed :+1: I was going to open up an internal thread with the @DiSRainyDayFund about this since it’s around now that I was thinking of revisiting the topic.

2 Likes

Hi Team

Apologies about the slight delay, as of the last update the fund has made four grants and received four donations

The fund is currently in surplus with a balance of:

£671.82

3 Likes

Hi Team

Since the last update the fund has made six grants and received 3 donations. One small note is that one of the grants was issued as a loan as per the users requirements and will be paid back at the end of the week.

The fund currently has a balance of £256.48

2 Likes

Will do a bit of planning today and come up with some kind of fundraising event asap I think.

10 Likes

Think that ideas thread has disappeared with GG unfortunately.

We need to get this going properly again. Appreciate it’s very tight for most of us, but some are going to be faced with bigger financial emergencies over coming months. Really tricky to know how to encourage donations given the wider economical shitfest.

2 Likes

I think a raffle or similar is possibly best, because then we can use a ‘pay what you can’ system to enter which means people who are able to donate more can do so without alienating or excluding people who can’t chip in as much.

4 Likes

Could someone dm me the bank acct. details please?