Disintegration State - new Lowering

Ah nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll go full meme, ‘when your #peng m9s on the internet make a #bombass album’ that kinda thing?

FYI. I won’t do this.

5 Likes

New release tomorrow btw, and I’m pretty excited about it!

2 Likes

I got my copy of the label sampler the other day, too!

1 Like

:muscle:

New album time!

Today we put out Outer Mongolia by @BifoIsou and it’s dead good.

Sitting at the other end of the spectrum to the soft analogue tones of Bam’s Miniature Epiphanies, my initial thoughts when I heard the album were along the lines of it sounds a bit like Nick Cave covering Grouper. Elements of dark ambient and slowcore, it’s dense and swirling but with moments of light peaking through.

Keen listeners of Irish radio will recognise a few of the tracks which have featured on An Taobh Tuathail in the past week, making it our first breakthrough on live radio :slight_smile:

Really good stuff. I’ve listened to it loads over the past few weeks and it reveals lots of layers over time.

8 Likes

Listening to it now, been looking forward to it since I first heard the early-nineties-Kranky-tasticness of the preview tracks

4 Likes

Really really enjoying this this morning. A manic day at work so nice to have these wonderful sounds washing over me. Need to dive back in a few more times and soak it up some more.

(I enjoyed reading the message I received on Bandcamp too, @Twinkletoes you’re quite the wordsmith!)

2 Likes

Thanks but I can’t claim all (much of) the credit. Most of that is stuff I reworked a bit from what @BifoIsou sent me.

2 Likes

Ah! In that case, you’re both great, and @BifoIsou I’m envious of your combined ability to make great music and then also find the words to do it justice.

2 Likes

Thanks very much!! Spent a long time thinking about it and realised I had a lot to say is all. Though I’m not quite sure what’s in this note :open_mouth:

And thanks for the kind words all, really delighted with how everything’s worked out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Big big fan of this one. There’s a real sense of narrative and I love how the moments of calm (like Mask Maker) intersperse the more swirling dense portions of the album.

1 Like

Dronemeister @colossalhorse is featured on this week’s Independent Music Podcast!

Ninja Tune, Domino, Disintegration State :sunglasses:

16 Likes

I listen to this podcast every week (usually while playing Rocket League for some reason) and they’ve gotten me into dozens of brilliant artists over the years so I’m glad I checked out the email before I got through this one. I fear if I’d have heard them introduce my stuff without prior warning something dramatic may have happened in my trouser region.

12 Likes

It’s awesome that it’s a show you’ve been listening to for a long time!

I really wish I could have seen your reaction to realising you were on the tracklisting

3 Likes

I think my brain short circuited for a moment. I probably looked like cupcake dog.

Flashback%20Dog

4 Likes

Your wonderfully crafted sampler arrived in the post earlier and so I’m sticking it on now! :heart_eyes: :ok_hand:

Congratulations on all your hard work guys!

11 Likes

:heart_eyes:
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you! I definitely will! I already dipped my toes into some of the awesome material on the label via the Spotify playlist so I know I’m in for a treat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That looks like a satisfying hi-fi to listen to drones on

4 Likes