Disintegration State - new Lowering

Good-looking fella as well.

1 Like

@manches listening to this through a few times while a sit in the garden. You have an excellent way with texture, I can’t really think of anything that has quite the same feel but you manage a richness that I prize in music but don’t find often enough.

The sky is all orangey out here and it seems a fitting accompaniment having this eerie yellow-coloured tinge to everything around along with an indistinct flowery perfume while I listen.

I will definitely need to go back through your other stuff on bandcamp, I don’t know why I haven’t before. Don’t tell anyone, but “The Emperor Apparition” was my favourite track on the sampler :shushing_face:

3 Likes

It’s tough to sound distinctive these days but he’s got a very unique ‘voice’ to everything hasn’t he? Big fan of that.

2 Likes

I’m a bit moved by this! Thanks so much for this extremely high praise. I can get a bit obsessive when it comes to tone and whatnot, so it’s really lovely to read that. :smiley:

And @McGarnagle the trick is to try to copy people exactly but have your lack of musical ability ensure that it ends up bearing virtually no resemblance to the thing you tried to ape :wink:

10 Likes

Great writing, this :slight_smile: And yeah, there’s such a sense of time and place to his compositions - really evocative music.

2 Likes

Doing a series of ‘retrospectives’ on the label pre-launch catalogue which missed out on the promo cycle. First one here.

https://twitter.com/Dis_state/status/1026762876688719872?s=19

2 Likes

Just finished a listen of this now. Amazing piece of work from back to front. When that soaring (guitar?) type thing comes in on Never Gonna Give EU Up <3

Gets me every time.

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

Yeah, that’s a guitar! Played with an ebow and a slide and run through a shitload of reverb and some distortion and stuff, but underneath it all, it’s a guitar. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I figured it would be - it just sounds so ethereal and odd I started to question myself. It’s majestic anyways.

I really need to get an ebow. And learn to actually play the guitar. Probably in that order.

2 Likes

Fake Real Warm was a great album with that lovely autumnal feel to it but its not on his bandcamp fyi!

1 Like

Pfft. I never really have! That’s part of the reason why I smother everything in effects. I’m never gonna have the raw chops of say, a @Bamnan, so I disguise my shitty playing beneath an army of pedals :grinning:

1 Like

Hah! Well I’m even worse and have fewer pedals and it’d probably be cheaper to get better…

1 Like

You gotta know where to look :wink:
https://bricolagecollective.bandcamp.com/album/fake-real-warm-bc013

3 Likes

my chops are distinctly average but thanks :wink:

all about finding the right marriage of melody and rhythm for me

You’re my link checking cuz

2 Likes

Mate, your chops are proper :exploding_head: All those jazzy leads and stuff you casually flick off make me feel like my hands have been replaced with giant cartoon hams.

1 Like

Yeah, I found this the other day and it was more excellence :+1:

I wish I had paid more attention to the track titles at the time so I could heap praise on it with more specificity, but the whole thing had the same rich, immersive warmth.,

2 Likes

aww :slight_smile:

The secret is none of them are really all that complicated, usually I just work through and refine a few bars until the movement of notes feel right and then move on to the next bit. I don’t really do leads/“solos” spontaneously very often unless I’ve got a shit load of distortion on to mask all the errors :wink:

1 Like

Thanks again for the extraordinary praise! I’m very proud of that album. First time I’d put together something of that length and still felt “yeah this is right” months after I’d finished with it.

2 Likes

We put out a single and remix yesterday by Sunbane (aka @SunnyB ). Main track is kinda futuristic house and is a teaser for an excellent album releasing end of September. It’s very very good. Available on Bandcamp and the usual streaming services

5 Likes