DiS Confessions

:eyes:

i felt like this but with people talking about cooking and baking all the time but then i remembered that nobody has anything else to do at the moment

1 Like

No, but I’m more inclined to like a post if I like the poster

4 Likes

This is terrible news oh my god

1 Like

Opposite. Sometimes someone I don’t like will post something good and I won’t like it out of daft spite.

4 Likes

Let’s find out

1 Like

I think a lot of this (but not all) can be accounted for by how the gamification via likes programs a certain type of behaviour and response pattern - the clustering of affirmation around popular ideas rather than challenging ones for instance is really counter-productive with some issues

5 Likes

I support my enemies and friends alike

2 Likes

populist idea, but hear me out:
maybe we can make robert jenrick wear a hat made of frozen piss

1 Like

I know what you mean, I feel very out of step here sometimes (not in a bad way, but in the “wow, my life is so different to most folks” way). But hey, it’s a different out of step feeling to my friends IRL, so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah I guess you have the same issues as me geography-wise but at the exact opposite end of the country!

1 Like

I don’t even like music that much

• Agree
  • Disagree
  • Unsure

0 voters

I like music but not that much

5 Likes

Yeah I think someone raised a point a little while ago about how booze-centred DiS can be at times so I guess we all need to check our perspectives a bit more idk.

3 Likes

Anything I know a bit about gets boring to me after a while, hence why I try not to learn anything new

Sure. But those things (hypocrisy, etc) are why those we disagree with are constantly being dragged here for supposedly having views in bad faith, so either we can be a bit more honest ourselves or be a bit less intensely judgemental with others for doing these things. (I’m not talking about your overtly bad faith commentators like Hopkins or Hodges or whoever fyi. I’d quite like them to be ignored altogether really.)

But yeah I think I see what you mean about the common sense stuff. what do you think we could do to better facilitate those with less financial privilege etc? (Sorry if that’s worded patronisingly or if it puts you on the spot a bit!)

Also I hate how much I use “bad faith” in conversations with people now :smiley:

Or do we just accept that all of us are different and not apologise for who we are?

2 Likes

Imagine boards called DrownedInDunedinSound

And we all just talk about how good Pink Frost is

Was I asking anyone to apologise?

DrownedinDunelmMill

1 Like