DiS Does Art: April 2020

Last month’s thread:

Without further ado, this month’s prompt (from Oblique Strategies again) is:

:drum:

1 Like

Thinking of spending my quarantine time finally writing a rock opera about the engineering majesty that is the bacterial flagellum.

4 Likes

Might reprise my GCSE art project about the inner structures of the human hand.

4 Likes

YESSSS! Time to compose my 20 minute operatic piece about Bishop from Aliens

3 Likes

these threads are a bit intimidating cos of how good everyone is and i dunno what this is but I had fun anyway. beetles were the first thing that came to mind with the topic, like tiny little machines aren’t they. combination of pen and photoshop, which also fits the theme. first time i’ve used photoshop really

20 Likes

This is awesome :+1:

3 Likes

Ooooh, this actually kind of fits with the thing I’ve been working on since yesterday

I’ll deliberately make mine really, really shit this month. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

The most important part imo.

2 Likes

I think I can now record electric guitars again, so maybe it’s time for that to happen

1 Like

here’s a photo of a beetle to go with the other beetles

5 Likes

Current art status: nearly finished March’s effort.

4 Likes

Right now I have a sound. One sound. Keep waiting for it to magically build itself into a fully fleshed out track but it’s rudely refusing to do so.

1 Like

You should start making drone mate. Whole albums, nay, careers have been built off one sound.

Since I got the Microfreak I’ve been experimenting with playing actual notes and stuff. Live no less. Absolute mug’s game.

2 Likes

You done the v2 firmware update? You can tell it a key so it’s literally impossible for you to play a wrong note. Game changer.

1 Like

I’m still reading through the manual atm - I got to the bit where it explained scale mode last night and then got perplexed as to why I don’t have it. Gonna get on that shortly. Saw something on Facebook about some extra new noise modes for it as well. Few things will pique my interest faster than noise mode.

I’m alright at the notes though it’s the rhythm I struggle with. I was just recording a simple 3 note embellishment thing and managed to play round the beat in a completely different way each time. I should really be playing jazz where that kind of skill would see me heralded as a bold and unpredictable new talent.

2 Likes

The digitone does this, I’m now an expert on Modes

1 Like

Oh no.

3 Likes

You’ve misspelled ‘Oh yeah’ there, I think

1 Like

Tell you what, the stereo output of this GFI Specular Tempus has almost made the severe electrical hazard worth it. First time I’ve bothered using it in stereo. Phwoar.

1 Like

Lil’ 5 min sketch which I probably won’t bother finishing. I guess it’s supposed to be like a road crossing for the forest creatures or something :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes