DiS Does Art: February 2020

Good thing about bass strings is that Ernies at least are pretty much the right length to just wind on and not trim. Can’t recall trimming a bass string tbh.

1 Like

Might borrow a violin and let you all experience me playing the violin for the first time

4 Likes

I did think about violin for mine because I played for a few years at school and my partner has one.

But… no

Maybe I will make an app?

Right. I can hear it in my head. Let’s do this.

2 Likes

Well that’s the first 49 seconds done. Christ.

@Kallgeese I think it might be time

I used to have one of those!

Before it blew up your house?

I mainly recall it as just being gently crap, but I hadn’t long starts playing guitar so everything I did sounded crap and I didn’t know why

1 Like

It is, but Mogwai love it, so…

(I find you need to turn the treble right the way down. It’s basically a knob that should say “cheap sounding distortion pedal”)

1 Like

Ah this seems like a good time. Will try and contribute a song with some singing which I’ve never really attempted before…

2 Likes

Ok, going to actually do this. Out of my comfort zone would be drawing something which is an actual thing. Someone please tell me a thing to draw and I will try it, I still reserve the right to be abstract as fuck, but it will be that thing.

2 Likes

Anyone want to give me a prompt to work from?

If not I’m going to have to go back to the library to finish this awful sketch of some of the lights which ignores all sense of perspective, proportion, composition and form:

(bottom right is really out of whack)

4 Likes

Your favourite building?

FYI I am also doing a visual art and it is HARD, can’t just chuck reverb on things.

1 Like

I will try to think of a building but I think I am more scared about being judged for my taste in buildings than I am for my shit drawing :upside_down_face:

Says you.

I say you’re just not trying hard enough.

4 Likes

Just smudge over everything, that is pretty much the visual equivalent.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll just audio-describe what I would have drawn with a nice cave reverb

2 Likes

Current status: can’t get a distorted guitar sound that I’m happy with in the context so fuck it, everything clean