DiS Does Art: January 2020 🥳

Sorry I’m 11 hours late, I was doing a 10 hour sleep.

Link to previous threads:

The idea of this thread is that it will contain an art prompt, and we will all create and share art in whatever format we like that was inspired by the prompt. There are some great examples in those two threads above.

So, without further ado, this month’s prompt (randomly generated this time) is:

:drum:

raindrops falling on a pool

6 Likes

Actually kind of dreading this one because, knowing me, I’m going to spend 12+ hours in synth sub-menus trying to recreate water sounds that Emily Sprague and Steve Hillage have made but, y’know, worse.

Might just sample the Raining Blood intro instead.

how the hell have I been missing these threads

3 Likes

Might do a drawing

2 Likes

Poetry from me. See ya in a few weeks.

3 Likes

That’s what you get for having me on ignore.

You won’t see this.

3 Likes

did somebody say something

4 Likes

also I think this gives me a chance to try out some of the weird ideas I have for Max programming

Sorry I missed december, read through my piece and it needed too much work and I went to bed instead.

Might be tenuous with my concept of a pool in this one.

2 Likes

Billiards is also acceptable.

2 Likes

oh wow

I’ve been trying to get my creativity going again, so I might try and do something.

I’m feeling a callback to something I did when I used to improvise with my guitar and DL4. except I’ve been looking to finally properly utilise my RC300, and this is like… a limitation, which is exactly what I need.

I think I might try some words to go with whatever music I make. something koan-like, elliptic, impressionistic? hmm.

I mean, expect nothing. but maybe I’ll surprise myself.

4 Likes

Can’t write about a pool without basically wanting to write The Swimmer by Cheever. Man, I love that story.

(Free here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.loa.org/images/pdf/Cheever_Swimmer.pdf )

3 Likes

I’m glad! This is also the (selfish) reason that I wanted to do these threads - sitting down with an empty DAW is not a good way to create something from scratch for me.

2 Likes

I’m gonna get in on this. Need to be more creative this year.

2 Likes

Already feeling hyped for this one!

1 Like

I think I need to buy more delay pedals. Two isn’t enough for what I’m going for.

1 Like

Can’t you just keep feeding it back through them ad infinitum?

Oh I’ll definitely be turning at least one up until it self-oscillates, don’t you worry.

3 Likes

might look for a royalty free or whatever field recording of a swimming pool

cause going to a swimming pool with my zoom mic would probably be frowned upon

1 Like

Think I just killed my brain looking at black MIDI stuff for some research - don’t worry, I won’t be doing any of that. Fucking hell, I’m way too tired for that right now.

3 Likes