DiS Does Art: June 2020

Hello! This is the thread where there is a prompt provided below and we all make art in whatever media we like that’s been inspired - however loosely - by the prompt.

Here is last month’s thread as an example:

Now I don’t want to name names, but there were some rumblings that last month’s prompt was made by a dickhead who should be deeply ashamed of themselves. Harsh but fair, imho. To make it up to everyone, this month we have a guest prompt from one of my personal favourite contributors: @anon89873996 !

So, without further ado, this month’s prompt is

:drum:

medium blue

5 Likes

LABS have released a free pack of granular synth whale noises recently. It’s like they knew.

2 Likes

Please direct all complaints to our head of customer service, @discobot

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

3 Likes

Whatever you want! It is a better visual art one tbh, but that is down to @discobot who had the final choice between two and screwed you over by not choosing the more music-friendly one.

I reckon take it as a mood. Or you can write an actual blues track and put it at a medium tempo, if you want to be literal about it.

1 Like

I just medium blue myself

1 Like

quickest entry in art thread history?

i think so

5 Likes

Discobot will be knackered though!

I have an idea for this so bad it should probably be illegal.

Imma do it anyway.

4 Likes

That’s the spirit!

1 Like

just finished reading Bluets so this topic feels appropriate, might try and do something

1 Like

My immediate thoughts were the blue of distance so might do something on that, but also, given my melancholy mood at the moment I was also thinking of doing something maudlin. Maybe both.

Can’t stop singing medium blue to the tune of this:

1 Like

2 Likes

Who set this prompt, I want words with them

4 Likes

you rang?

Going to write a short short story, but have made a silly small song with a haiku over it in the meantime.

Listen to Medium Blue by The Man Kram on #SoundCloud

4 Likes

I have begun. There’s widdly guitar bit that’s made my fingers hurt. Oh no.

Started writing something but in retrospect its a bit waaaah. I was trying to write about a house that holds lots of nice memories for me but I might have to go on another path entirely. Or acknowledge I need to do my assignment as a prioroty instead of nice art procrstination.

(excuse the pretentious title, it’s a super nerdy reference to an early 90s UK techno record that everyone else has forgotten)

4 Likes