DiS Does Art: November 2019

NO JUDGING

but essentially, yes

Sweet, might be the catalyst I need to get me doing something a little more creative than watching people on Youtube playing Prison Architect.

2 Likes

Although I definitely won’t be composing a song

Ok. am on it.

1 Like

Well, I listened to it. I can’t unlisten to it.

Probably just gonna sample a boiling kettle and turn it into some kind of beat driven audio collage instead tbh.

2 Likes

Coward!

Hey, epimer said he’d do it first! Can’t a man make abstract noise in peace? I don’t wanna have to learn things! I hate learning things!

2 Likes

no.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if you’re even going to listen to my 20 minute kettle based drone epic.

1 Like

Would actually be really funny to have a heavily distorted drone slowly resolve over 20 minutes until it’s a clear recording of a boiling kettle.

2 Likes

this is a great idea

probably won’t manage to contribute though, sorry

I can assure you there is nothing amusing, entertaining or interesting about my drone work.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to some of @stickboy’s street photography in this. Not that his photography is ordinary, it’s extraordinary - but the very nature of street photography is… I’ll shut up now.

2 Likes

A question - can it be art we’ve already made, or is this a call out to go and make some new art?

This, it’s a prompt to get creating.

selfishly it’s because I’m very good at coming up with half ideas and very very bad at developing them into something finished

1 Like

I dont get what this thread is. What is it?

1 Like

Do a song or a papier mache on the theme “a celebration of the ordinary”, post the results here, quietly seethe at the appalling effort:likes ratio.

5 Likes

I may use this particular prompt to finish a drawing I gave up with part way through.

1 Like

Drowned in Art?

Anyway my daughter was drawing on the pub’s paper tablecloth on Tuesday so I amused her by taking a photo of the bit in front of me and using Android’s limited editing tools to draw this very ordinary scene

2 Likes