Dis' favourite cookbook

The best cookbook, I’ve probably made 40 to 50 of the dishes in it compared to 1 or 2 from most of my others. Not too many weird ingredients, written clearly, pictures on almost every page. Great.

1 Like

Hairy Bikers - Meat
Any of the Nigellas, especially Christmas
Sopranos Family Cookbook

1 Like

1 Like

Jamie’s America and River Cottage Veg are two big staples in our house.

Cook Simple by Diana Henry is great for quick weeknight meals

1 Like
2 Likes

Edit - nm

I’ve made 10-15 I reckon. Almost all of them I will be making again/already have done. She’s got me making seitan regularly too.

Genuinely think she’s the best cook I’ve come across for sauces/marinades. Absolutely delicious. Use so much liquid smoke these days.

1 Like

Nigel Slater - Real Fast Food

3 Likes

Two Kitchens and Five Quarters (both by Rachel Roddy).

1 Like

The best anna jones recipes are fantastic (her real chilli is the best veg chilli I’ve had), but often find either one ingredient seems to be missing, or one too many has been added in…

used to talk to him quite a lot when I worked at borough market because he had a restaurant round the corner and used to work for the company. really nice guy.

i’ve got this one, which has some decent easy recipes in it:

1 Like

Worst I ever bought were Gordon Ramsey’s Fast Food and Simon Rimmer’s Accidental Vegetarian.

Ramsey had recipes like “hey try putting some ham on that melon” and everything from Rimmer’s tasted horrible.

Never really checked him out. Didn’t know he had a restaurant in London currently. I’ll try and check it out

this used to be #decent. haven’t been in years, mind -

https://josepizarro.com/jose-tapas-bar-bermondsey/

3 Likes

I know things are a bit different here but I can’t justify spending 5 quid on pan con tomate. Rest looks decent though

1 Like

Are you still over in Spain ?

me neither, but Spanish food in London typically has ultra wacky prices.

1 Like

yeah. probably moving back in October :v:

Might try and pop over before then. Got a half month free in September conveniently enough

1 Like

nice, lets eat pulpo.