DiS favourite games console of all time poll 🎮

Let’s find out what ranks as the greatest video game console in the eyes of DiS

(no I don’t care that the PC is actually the best)

THE GREATEST CONSOLE OF ALL TIME IS

• Atari 2600
  • Master System
  • NES
  • SNES
  • Mega Drive
  • TurboGrafx
  • Neo Geo
  • Playstation
  • N64
  • Saturn
  • PS2
  • Gamecube
  • XBOX
  • PS3
  • XBOX360
  • Wii
  • PS4
  • XBOX1
  • WiiU
  • Switch

0 voters

Yeah this is a stupid thread but whatever.

I found it real hard to answer here tbh. Could have gone 4 or 5 different ways

SNES for Super Mario World and Chrono Trigger and Shadowrun.

but then Mega Drive for Shining Force 2…

Playstation is my favourite on accounts of it being the one I had at the most formative gaming stage of my life.

Switch because it’s been the portable indie machine I’ve been craving for the better part of a decade.

Slowly followed by the 360 and, rather surprisingly, the Xbox One (s or x) because of Gamepass

This is very very true.

Did I ever tell you my friends at school and I wrote a sequel to SF2? It was basically just a notebook with loads of poorly drawn monsters and their stats. Great fun.

Switch is great but the biggest problem s the build quality. I hate the way the joycons wobble around a little bit in portable mode.

Picked up my vita the other day and it feels so much nicer and sturdier

^This but Atari

But the problem with the vita is the support was laughable and peripheral storage D: tht cost like 5 BILLION pounds. And I hated the interface

I love old Atari games, they’re almost like abstract art in a way. Just weird blobs and intense squarewave blips with no music or anything.

But lets be real, outside of maybe 3 games the machine has nothing going for it in this day and age other than pure nostalgia.

yeah no doubt, the screen was amazing though and it had an actual dpad!

PS3 just in terms of having the highest share of my GOATs (New Vegas, Souls, The Last of Us, xcom reboot, Skyrim).

Original PlayStation, followed closely by PlayStation 2.

The best one ever is definitely the one that I happened to own when I was 10-13 years old

Yeah the Vita is the best portable system ever made, shame Sony completely dropped the ball.

yeah I know it’s a dumb thread but gotta pass the time somehow :wink:

I voted SNES 1st (cos that was my 1st console) but then switched to Playstation which was the next console I owned

I think my mind was most blown by that transition - playing games like Resident Evil, Tomb Raider etc Seemed incredible at the time that I was able to play games like that at home

where’s the dreamcast option YOU SHIT