DiS favourite games console of all time poll šŸŽ®

imagine an OLED switch with slightly tigher fitting joycons though! :heart_eyes:

I reckon Iā€™d buy a revised version of the switch if these features were implemented

1 Like

ah fuck!

I knew Iā€™d miss somethingā€¦I even thought about putting the OUYA in there!

PS2 is where I did the majority of my gaming, and Iā€™m impressed by the fact itā€™s still working today (apparently support for it has finally concluded in Japan this week). Was a useful DVD player too.

the slim PS2is a work of art. Still looks good today

yeah that was definitely the biggest leap really and will never happen again. The roots of most modern games are there.

1 Like

just thinking about Ridge Racer and Tekken 2 is getting me nostalgic

1 Like

Oh 100%
e.g. the wave of nostalgia I get from this picture is tremendous;

3 Likes

I had so much free time to play games then - pre kids and my ex worked shifts so I would have whole days and evenings where I would play those games

I donā€™t really have the attention span any more

1 Like

Would have been tight between the SNES and the Dreamcast, so many thanks for making my mind up with your blatant disregard for the latter.

1 Like

I never knew a single person who owned the dreamcast :frowning: completely forgot it existed

Does anyone have that mini-SNES thing? It looks quite cool, and I never had a SNES as a kid (was a Megadrive kid), and people say some of the games are all time classicsā€¦ not sure if I would actually play it, I just donā€™t really play games anymore, and I wonder how much of the acclaim is driven by nostalgia.

I have one and it does get used (by me and my son) - but I did have a SNES.

4 or 5 of those games are still all time classics that still play amazing to this day

Wish I could just download them on my phone or something, the files are probably tiny compared to some of the shitty apps I have.

I used mine briefly (my son liked Street Fighter) but then I got a Switch and it was never ever seen again.

Yeah, mine still works as well. Bought two PS3s after it, both of which broke. Will usually dig it out at Christmas when I go home to ā€œsee familyā€ (believe there was an Onion article about this very phenomenon).

I donā€™t thik playing them on a phone screen with fake controls is a good way to appreciate most of them considering so many are based on tightness of control/reactions

2 Likes

I played on a friendā€™s and got annoyed that it was laggy. Would be a brilliant little thing if it worked perfectly.

I still have my SNES though so fuck the little one.