DiS FC // Our biggest game yet // Saturday 26 May 12:30 PM // The Valley, Charlton

football
drinks
big
fun

It is not as famous as Wembley Stadium, but this Saturday everyone’s favourite message board-related football team will be playing at The Valley, the 27k capacity home of Charlton Athletic Football Club. a ground that has seen regular Premier League football as recently as 10 years ago.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/the-valley

The game is a testimonial/farewell for Cyril, all-round good egg and longstanding manager/organiser/captain of National FC. When the call came to provide the opposition for this important match there was no way that we could say no. We’re the good guys, remember.

The team for Saturday has already been selected, but you are cordially invited to come and cheer us on. Gates will be open from noon, and entry is free. If you ask nicely, you can even get your photo taken pitch side with one of the DiS players. And there will be drinks afterwards, regardless the result.
Full address: The Valley, Floyd Road, Charlton, SE7 8BL

See you there?

Amazing. If I had known I would have dusted off the boots for this in a very cynical and glory hunting way.

I might come to this!

The entrance for spectators is the WEST STAND (2 tier). Parking is available.

We are hoping to kick off at around 12.20 to allow time for a penalty shootout after the game (regardless of scoreline)

Lounge bar at the ground will be open after the game until 4.

Oooh I’ll be in London on Saturday. How far to get from the valley to Wembley? Will there be any plastic furniture I can throw about?

Oh. Not really doable. Have a great time everyone

Train from Charlton to London Bridge, from there take the Jubilee line to Wembley Park.

No

Team for tomorrow (4-4-2)

gk: Louis
rb: Eoin
cb: Sean L
cd Loz
lb Hoogy ©
rm: Chris B
cm Edd
cm: Dan S
lm: James A
fw: Owen
fw: Bamos*

Subs from: Will and Ken

*yes, that Bamos!

Have a good time everyone!

Big day coming! I can hardly wait.

Have a good one lads, gutted to be missing it but Louis has earned the right to be lobbed from 40yrds at the home of his boyhood team and I wouldn’t ever want to take that away from him.

Proud to be wearing the shirt

Louis, the biggest Charlton supporter this message board has ever known, played the game of his life. Save after save, he kept us in the game where others faltered. He put his body on the line like only he dares to do. Even his performance between the posts during the penalty shootout was outstanding and could/should have let us to victory. A true Valley hero.

But it saddens me to report that, despite two bites at the cherry, he failed to score either of his penalties and so he didn’t fulfill his dream of scoring at his boyhood stadium. And we lost the penalty shootout by two goals.