DiS Film Club Megathread

Let’s share some ideas for themes, one-off events, and just films we’d like to give the DiS film club treatment.

@filmclubbers

For a start, we obviously need to watch the Soviet LOTR adaptation from the 90s.

1 Like

it’s coming up to oscars season right? (probably, idk)

could we do academy award winning films? or nominated films that never won or something like that?

2 Likes

Tbf i think its worked best/easiest when someone just picks a film they want to watch and potential dates.

1 Like

Agreed, that generally works great. Just thought we could have a dedicates place to discuss ideas etc :nerd_face:

1 Like

My favourites were when one person chose a few films and we all voted on their picks

3 Likes

Ive just got Kes on DVD, so Kes. Or Bird films.

1 Like

did Woman in the Window ever get watched?

oh boy, did it ever

2 Likes

oh yeah you thought the ending was trash

still annoyed by it now. was pretty great up to then too

1 Like

fewer windows and fewer women than i expected

2 Likes

Watch with live chat!

1 Like

/with significant time delay depending on connection/dinner related issues

2 Likes

We did LGBT+ as a theme last year i think but i don’t see any reason why we couldn’t reuse themes after a while. Or if you’d like to watch a specific film you can just pick a date. We’d love to have you join in!

5 Likes

The chats tend to be funnier the more ridiculous the film, but we don’t necessarily want to watch another Noah every week

Ask away!

Usually it’s netflix or prime, occasionally iplayer or youtube

I’ve never seen this but would really like to

1 Like

Bloody brilliant film it is. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I don’t like the really silly films, enjoy it most when it’s something kinda silly but also actually good like lord of the rings. fine with more serious stuff too

1 Like