DiS Help Needed (Work Leaving Present For a Music Fan)

So, the person who sits next to me at work is leaving. Not sure it’s because he sits next to me, or there is some other reason. Anyway, I’ve been chosen to get him a leaving present with the whip round we had. FFS.

I kind of know him, but not amazingly well, and I don’t want to get a voucher, or joke present so wanted to get ideas. The only plus point is that I know he loves music, and math-rock especially. He loves festivals etc. Budget is about £20 I think (very small company and not many people chipped in).

Any ideas? I thought along the lines of a book ‘1001 Math Rock LPs You Must Own’ or something that is not expensive, and has a bit of thought put into it. He does like beer, so a collection of speciality beers might be an option too, if a bit of a cop out.

Comedy answers also accepted of course. If I fail, I will at least fail laughing.

A calculator and a stone sellotaped together

5 Likes

Some beers and a leaving card that says “you math rock up to see us again sometime” though it’ll probably guarantee he will never come back

11 Likes

https://poly-math.noisemerchants.com/product/poly-math-reptiles-vinyl/

1 Like

Moth Rack

1 Like

Shyeah, Right! I don’t even own a moth, let alone many moths that would necessitate an entire rack

Oh, oh oh!

Mushroom Log!

1 Like
2 Likes

A formal invitation to the boards

No one likes math rock

2 Likes

maths rock

I know you said not vouchers but a Seetickets gift voucher is my suggestion.

1 Like

If he’s into math rock maybe some kind of craft beer

1 Like

Don’t think there’s a hell of a lot of math rock literature out there, if any.

I think anyone who likes booze and is at least moderately discerning on that point would be more than happy to receive a leaving gift containing delicious booze that they like.

1 Like

Hire a pair of headphones for him and a mate at the Arctangent silent disco.

2 Likes

Actually I did not even realise gig vouchers existed so this might be a really good solution. It’s neck and neck with a calculator taped to a stone anyway.

2 Likes

9/8 really isn’t difficult ffs