DiS posts on social media

Was there a thread/announcement on this that I missed? I’ve noticed it happening more and more, and whilst I’m aware this is a public forum, I’m a lot less likely to post anything beyond passing comments if I think my words might be out on Twitter/Facebook etc.

13 Likes

But the engagement, Mistersteve. The engagement.

1 Like

We Are Content™.

2 Likes

I personally don’t care for it

6 Likes

Wtf, genuinely did not know this was happening other than that situation around the Menless Monday thread :grimacing:

1 Like

he’s going to mint us all as NFTs next, just you wait

2 Likes

Joke’s on him because I’ve already right clicked and saved you to my desktop.

5 Likes

Is this the one you mean?

Does feel a bit off, @cutthelights did you know you’ve been screengrabbed here?

It’s the latest I’ve noticed, but it seems a fairly regular thing these days.

1 Like

I did not. :expressionless:

Also seems a very… selective interpretation of the sentiment in that thread.

17 Likes

X days since DiS had an existential crisis

30 Likes

Maybe new member are being given a ‘By posting here you agree what you say might go public AF’, but us older members certainly weren’t.

1 Like

My “Spotify is better than vinyl” thread got shared and had a few comments from bores on Facebook. Wasn’t arsed but might’ve been a bit off for others.

2 Likes

DiS is a public forum, there’s nothing to stop anyone posting any of our posts anywhere they like.

3 Likes

I keep all yours in a scrapbook that I show to houseguests

No one ever visits twice :pensive:

27 Likes

Feels off to me. I think some of the responses in this thread show I’m not alone in thinking that.

6 Likes

I know, but it’s a constant source of anxiety that keeps recurring and I don’t really know a way around it.

4 Likes

I don’t know if the vibe here has been “people shouldn’t share posts publicly” rather than “Sean shouldn’t pick & choose posts to share to DiS social media without at least consulting the poster first.” The latter seems pretty reasonable to me.

21 Likes

It’s a “can” vs “should” thing though, isn’t it. It’s not some law of nature that the site owner has to repost funny posts on Twitter to drive clicks and it’s not like it happens automatically without a load of very deliberate choices along the way.

8 Likes

Thought that my consternation at the last Menless Monday thread being posted despite my specific request for it not to might have changed this but here we are.

I know this is a public forum and people can see what we post here blahblahblah but to me there’s a marked difference between that and amplifying it to a wider and much larger audience that spreads it beyond people we know and maybe trust. Stuff like this genuinely makes me want to just sack this place off tbh.

9 Likes