DiS Quarantine Online Film Club #4: FRUITVALE STATION

Mean Streets
Fruitvale Station

Pleasssssssse can we all want Roadhouse? It’s currently on Netflix

1 Like

Or Silence of the Lambs

^ this. So much this.

1 Like

Infernal Affairs is on Netflix if you want maybe the greatest crime film ever made.

The first Raid is on there as well, called The Raid: Redemption for some stupid marketing reason. If we’re nitpicking I’d say it’s more of an action film than a crime one, but it is still :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

think the second one struggles when you realise it was a pre-existing script retooled to force the guy from The Raid in. Nothing he does has an impact on the outcome or even really links up with the other plot strands, and what could have been a slinky 90 minute gangster movie ends up a bit bloated.

I haven’t seen it, but Breakdown was on that BFI list of the top 100 streaming movies.

I can’t do Monday night anyway, so maybe I’ll stop suggesting films!

I haven’t seen it since it was new, but I remember it being a reasonable gritty “neo noir” kind of thing

1 Like

Widows?

CRIME FILMS!! [car revving noise] brrrrm vrrrrrrrrrm

1 Like

21 Jump Street
John Wick 3
1987 Robocop
Death Wish 4
or any of the 73983455 Bollywood ones if you keep scrolling down.

ONE OR TWO SUGGESTIONS

Also only suggestions from people who are actually taking part will be in the poll, FYI everyone

I’m just Priti Patel’ing over here!

Posting the poll in a bit, about to have din dins

Edit: that wasn’t specifically a reply to @twentynine

1 Like

Let’s vote!

This poll will remain open until 6pm tomorrow, and we will watch whichever film wins at 8pm. Vote in the second poll to be included in the DM live chat while we watch the film together, or just drop into this thread to talk about the film with us afterwards.

• Infernal Affairs
  • Destroyer
  • Sweet Virginia
  • Divines
  • Minority Report
  • Midnight Run
  • The Raid 2
  • Mean Streets
  • Fruitvale Station
  • Road House
  • The Silence of the Lambs

0 voters

Do you want to be in the live chat?

• Chatty McChatterson
  • No thanks, will join you back here later

0 voters

I’m tempted to vote for Sweet Virginia because Jon Bernthal is starring in it, even though I’d have to rent it. HMMMM.

he’s good in it but it’s not great from what i remember

1 Like

:ballot_box::ballot_box::ballot_box:

:rotating_light: An hour left to vote :rotating_light: