DiS Rates Snacks: #4 Seabrook Sea Salted 🥨🍫🍿

How did Mr Kipling Cherry Bakewells fare? Go find out!

This week’s nom-nomination comes courtesy of… me! And to take us into the world of savoury snacks I have gone for Seabrook Sea Salted Crisps!

So how do you participate?

1. Vote to indicate how much you expect to enjoy the snack (can vote based on experience if you’ve had it before)
  2. Purchase snack
  3. Eat snack
  4. Rate snack
  5. Discuss!

Technically you could do 1 and 2 the other way round and 5 at any point in the process.

Note: You must eat the snack within the week - no rating based on experience!

Vote for how much you expect to enjoy the snack
(1 being expect to find it inedible and 10 being expect to find it exceptionally tasty)

0 voters

Vote for how much you actually enjoyed the snack
(1 being found it inedible and 10 being found it exceptionally tasty)

0 voters

Expect 4. I generally don’t enjoy ready salted as much as any flavoured crisp, but I think the ridges and general Seabrook standard would mean it’s not going to be a total loss.

Sorry for not getting a Bakewell. It’s tough to do ones when they’re unavailable as singles.

Gone for a 6 as my expected score here. I fucking love crisps so they’ll be great regardless but Ready Salted is a very boring flavour IMO.

Expecting a solid 7.

Ready salted are a good, solid choice and much better than they get credit for. Don’t usually like crinkle cut crisps, but Seabrook’s seem to get it just right.

2 Likes

Don’t tend to see these in single packs and wont be shelling out for a 6 pack, so will have to give this one a miss. Plus Seabrook have a tonne of other flavours that are better than ready salted. Their Worcester Sauce ones are particularly good.

They also did these…

Seabrook Crisps: Fire Eaters Flavour

… which were AMAZING. Been searching for them everywhere since I last got them, but they’re no where to be found :sob:

Crinkle cut crisps are the best kind
Ready salted are a top tier flavour

Not sure if I’ve had Seabrook crisps before, looking forward to trying them.

2 Likes

Have these a lot. Better than Walkers imo. Crinkle cut>Normal crisp.

I knew you were alright.

2 Likes

Sainbos do them as single packs

Ready salted crisps are absolute trash. Waste of time. Tolerable only if you use them as a vehicle for something tasty like hummus or a dip. Real fun sponge of a snack, like something invented to prevent the population from experiencing joy or realising food could be tasty.

Apologies @AutumnBeech, I love the snacker but hate the snack

Imagine posting this absolute bin fire of a take in public. Embarrassing.

4 Likes

I like ready salted, but I still know they are the most boring flavour of crisps by a large margin. Not bad, just not in any way exciting.

1 Like

Imo other flavour is only required for poor quality crisps. Salt just serves to highlight the natural flavour and texture so for an A+ crisp like Seabrook = perfect.

1 Like

I have these too often for my prediction to be wrong, so 9 it is.

I’m a fan of crisps being fairly broken up, but could see this pack being a pain if you don’t like that.

Lots of lovely golden melt-in-the-mouth pieces, not really reflected in the picture.

Top tier crisps for a bargain price.

1 Like

Love crisps in general and very much don’t mind a good quality ready salted, especially when having a few boozes. Think I’ve had these before and liked them, going for an expected 7

1 Like

Also an expected 7. Ready Salted is a much under rated flavour but I find Seabrooks crisps can often be an odd texture which ruins them. Canadian Ham is a great flavour though

Almost certainly not true, but to my palate these Taste Like Crisps Used To Taste. Quite oily, but very crunchy. A little too crumbly so that they’ve got smushed in transit, but enjoyable.

Would quite like to do a side-by-side with a Walkers Ready Salted.

1 Like