DiS Ready Steady Cook!

Has this been done before? Could it be doable?
I was thinking, loosely follow the same format as the original show- although I suppose we could technically have more than two contestants, if we do it via zoom or something.
But instead of having celebrity chefs picking ingredients, have either the presenters (one of which definitely has to be @AQOS- I haven’t asked him but feel he would really flourish in this role) or the community decide on the ingredients, sticking to the original £5 budget that the show has.
Maybe just the one course instead of two?
Obviously the viewers couldn’t judge on taste, but maybe entertainment value, presentation, stuff like that?

Please let me know your thoughts, community

if i’m available then yeah, i’ll be Rylan

1 Like

Yeah, did think it might be tricky if you’re moving and whatnot but if ever there was a Rylan of the boards it’s you.
Shame supermarket sweep wouldn’t work.

1 Like

that’s the biggest compliment i’ve ever received, thank you

1 Like

I saw you more as the Ainsley Harriott

1 Like

On second thoughts I think that’s @anon19035908

2 Likes

WHY HELLLOOOOOO, DIS

2 Likes

I’d like to propose an alternative format:

One nominated person per ‘episode’ posts an ingredient list approximately to the £5 budget (don’t think we fix this too hard given regional differences in price and inner city metro style shops vs out of town superstores, etc).

All users who want to enter have to the end of the week to source the ingredients and make a meal out of them, posting their documentary evidence.

Poll to decide the winner.

4 Likes

This is a great plan!

1 Like

WHY HE…forget it Kermit got there first :frowning:

1 Like

:grin: great minds, babes

1 Like

To be fair, the ins and outs don’t fuss me too much cause I basically just want to see my fellow community members’ kitchens and be a nosy shrew

tenor

3 Likes

TINY GIF!!

God I love that clip so much. Poor Jill, she looks scared shitless.

1 Like

Absolutely no clue what’s going on, that’s why it’s so good.

1 Like

I really hope she got some sort of aftercare though, God knows I’d be panicked if Allison and Ainsley barged into my living room and I’m probably a quarter of her age :smiley:

1 Like