Finsbury Leisure Centre
1 Norman Street
It is time again for the return of our traditional monthly contest between the giants of DiS Football. At a location we haven’t played at for a long time, with an earlier kickoff time and in a slightly adjusted format, due to the long list of injuries sustained while not playing the friendliest game in town. What hasn’t changed is the bants, the comedy shots and the falling over for no reason. If you haven’t been before, I’d say this upcoming game will be the easiest introduction into DiS Football you’ll ever find.
The usual blurb:
- we play on an astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Old St tube station (Northern line)
- Buses 55 and 243 on Old St, use the stop St Luke’s Music Education Centre
- arrive at 2 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2:30 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- SIX pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Old Ivy House pub on Goswell Road (2 mins walk away)