🎅 🧑‍🎄 DiS Secret Santa 2022 🎅 🧑‍🎄 - IT'S PRESENT BUYIN' TIME

Hello! It’s getting very close to being that time of year again, so I thought I’d combine everyone’s favourite bit of DiSmas with raising some much needed money for the Rainy Day Fund, which may well be in increased demand in the months to come. Obviously I haven’t done this before, and I have big Japes-shaped shoes to fill, but here goes:

HOW IT WORKS

If you would like to play secret santa this year then please send me a DM with your address and you will be entered. Please also add if you have any limitations on gifts (ie: no food or alcohol etc) Your address will only be seen by me and your secret santa, and will never be shared publicly on here or elsewhere. I am not making donating to the fund a condition of entry but will suggest that if you’d like to play then a donation would be nice, I will link to the Collection Pot I’ve set up below.
Once the deadline for entries has passed I will randomly draw names and assign everyone with their secret santa. I will then send out DMs with your recipient and their details.
The draw will be completely random and no swaps will be able to be made afterwards

Please, and I cannot stress this enough, please only sign up if you are fully intending to send a gift and are sure you won’t change your mind or forget. This would mean that your recipient will not receive a present and will be very sad, and I will be very cross on their behalf.

There is no budget cap for presents, but ÂŁ5-ÂŁ10 is always a good guide amount.

Here is the donating pot (once again, this is not compulsory for entry but is suggested if you are able to afford it)

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23RD

HAPPY SANTAING! :gift: :christmas_tree:

11 Likes

You may want to make your profile public for the time being, to make it easier to send DMs

(I know there is a work-around but y’know …)

Done.

1 Like

mINce pies!!!

5 Likes

jINgle bells :gift:

3 Likes

reINdeer

3 Likes

pINnekjøtt!

3 Likes

Did japes used to enter this himself by the way?

1 Like

Yes!

2 Likes

I thought about it but figured that it would just be me telling someone they’ve got to buy me a present with no mystery element. I’ll have a think.

1 Like

You should join

4 Likes

Way ahead of you! :santa:

IN

think I’ve managed to miss these before tho I did go to the pub before xmas once when someone had received their copy of Who DiS? which was a DiS version of the Guess Who board game, that was terrific stuff

3 Likes

Just hear those sleigh bells jINgling, ring ting tingling too!

3 Likes

As terrific as this is, it’s stuff like this that makes me reticent to join - I hope that my santee would be happy with something about 90% less creative and interesting

2 Likes

Gifts absolutely do not have to be handmade or anything. I’m sure everyone taking part will be happy with their present, whatever it is. Especially if it’s some kind of beer gift pack from a South Devon based retailer

sponsored post

7 Likes

Good kINg wenceslas

2 Likes

yeah the most creative/inventive presents should surely just be fun things for the person to receive and the rest of us to look at in the thread, absolutely not a standard to hold people against. Wouldn’t want a single person to talk themselves out of playing because they don’t think they’ll be “good” enough!

2 Likes

This was so much fun last year!

1 Like

rest assured, I am not expecting to receive or send anything that good!

1 Like