DiS Snow Watch 2017: Winter 1 (rolling)

icanmaketagsnow
winter1
snow
snowwatch

First of all: For those of you who are fortunate enough to not have been around for the original discussion of Winter 1 and Winter 2: Basically autumn and everything before New Years is Winter 1 as far as I understand. I’m not really a fan of this arrangement, but have learnt to come to terms with it – only on here though. I’m from a country where each of the four seasons are actually properly different, so…

SECONDLY:

This thread is for posting your location whenever you actually get snow.

So, for the official DiS record: Central Oslo, Norway: First snow came in the morning of the 14th of November. Fucks sake, mates. This’ll just keep going until like, April or whatever. You don’t even know.

Infused with a wistful melancholy as the days grow colder and the nights longer, I await the coming snows, ready to embrace looming oblivion.

(Hasn’t snowed here yet)

It sleated on Saturday evening here in Gdansk. No snow though.

Had what my wife called a “Nottingham” snowing overnight, here in Maine.

EC1V - no snow. Will update tomorrow.

We had more snow that was covering the ground for a couple of days, but it’s nearly 5 degrees today (!!!) so it’s melted away again.

Calling @Lo-Pan

It’s now stopped snowing and it didn’t lie :frowning:

Snowy sleet in Motherwell-ish area. Big flakes but far far too wet to lie.

Already had a quick flurry here in the Czech Rep. Will more than likely get some proper snow before December.

I hate snow.

G1- lots of snow fell but it has now stopped. I’m on 6th floor and can’t see the ground below to report on whether is has lain.

reports incoming too of heavy snowfall down the coast at PA16.

For the record

This was Stockholm, wed 22nd November 2017

8 days later and no update. I don’t know how I can ever trust you again :frowning:

B78: Snow overnight. Enough to leave a reasonable dusting on the old coal tip behind work.

Snowing on the Leeds Barnsley match on the telebox