DiS Social Board bike ride: the thread

Saturday 24th September

https://www.strava.com/clubs/162620/group_events/112155

The official route is here (106km) and you can download this for your Garmin or whatever: DiS Bike Dorks Social Ride - A bike ride in London, England

Leaving chez plasticniki (Forest Hill, London) @ 10am

Social-paced, so all welcome, and I have a feeling we’re going to have a good amount of varying ability, I ride at 22km/h and @rich-t at a ridic 30km/h, there will be stops for refreshments at Godstone and Box Hill.

The route isn’t really hilly at all, if you have a good level of fitness and have cycled 60km already you will be okay. There’s a train station in Dorking which is near Box Hill around the 60km mark if you don’t think you can make it back.

:mountain_bicyclist:

IN!

:bicyclist:

also “cycling thread” and not “bike wankers” ?

*Dorks

shall i change it

I’d settle for that

i’ve wankered it up

:hugging:

Alas I cannot make this now. Like bygone DiSers before me (I want to say warny?) I’ll be spending that Saturday on a narrow boat with my in-laws.

WHAT THE FUCK

I hope it sinks

I KNOW!

1 Like

OFFICIAL .GPX:

I was so tempted to include Leith Hill as well.

Would add an estimate 40km on? Anyone?

I shouldn’t tell you fucking scum this but there is a good beer shop in Dorking.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind, but we should maybe keep it sensible for a first go

yeah good point

i could disard both cycling bottles i will have with me and put beer in the holders instead for the 50km back. who needs water anyway?

YEAH BOY :bicyclist:

No idea on my average speed. I don’t mind to be backstop if I am painfully slow.

Cobbets is great