🌏 🌎 🌍 DiS Song Contest 2022: Sign-Ups

aaaaand we’re back.

In a similar format to the Eurovision Song Contest, each contestant will be given a random country and be asked to submit a song to me via DM. You’ll then be asked to vote for your favourites from the other entries, and I’ll reveal the results in a super fun thread at the end of it all.

Because it’s a random country, you’d be required to do some research into the music of that country and select a song that you think could win you the contest. You’ll also be required to listen to the full playlist when it’s done. So yknow, only sign up if you can be arsed, basically.

Some song rules:

• The song must have been released in the last five years- nothing released before 2017
  • The song must be performed by an artist who is either from the country, or currently lives in the country. No crazy “third cousin twice removed is from x country” stuff.
  • Try not to be too obvious yeah? If you get Barbados, try to find something other than Rihanna
  • Ideally it’d be a song that has a youtube video- I’ll do both a youtube and spotify playlist

Entry Rules

• There will be 30 entries
  • Post below if you’d like to take part (don’t DM me, if you DM me you won’t be counted and will be DQed from this year cos none of you fuckers ever read the smallprint)
  • The first 29 to post will be allowed to take part, first come first served. Just please only join if you can be arsed searching for a song and playing along. If you played last year, you’re welcome to again!
  • A country will be assigned to you- if you’d like a more obscure country please say and I’ll hit you up
  • The 30th spot will automatically go to @SleepingCapybara :haiti: as they won last year’s contest. If they want to take part they can represent Haiti again or another country of their choice. Let me know, SC!

The contest itself will be held in February, date TBA

8 Likes

IN IN IN FUCK YES

2 Likes

And a reminder of why we’re going to Haiti, last year’s winner that I don’t like at all but whatever fuck you:

6 Likes

jesus christ keeno

1 Like

IN!

1 Like

IN!

1 Like

Also so much admin small print damn, this fucker loves his admin damn

4 Likes

Port-au-PrINce

1 Like

This sounds fun. I’d like to join please.

1 Like

there needs to be, this is a surprising amount of work

i should get a Patreon

PhilippINes

1 Like

I am so into this.

1 Like

In

1 Like

In!

1 Like

INrique INglesias!