DiS trip to B&Q

Bet they all get absolutely plastered.

2 Likes

Also really cool that the B&Q web address is www.diy.com

6 Likes

But what if I don’t want to buy it?

Or what if I do want to buy it, but some smelly chump has had his sweaty hands all over it before me?

Love a trip to B&Q

1 Like

Walk about pretending I know how to DIY :grinning:

1 Like

Wish I could confirm this either way

1 Like

B+Q is so much better than Wickes or Homebase.

2 Likes

Could someone pick me up a power sander please?

1 Like

I like screwfix because the one near me is click and collect only (is this universal?)

Not sure what it is in Halfords, maybe the tyres. But smells unreal.

1 Like

You can go in and use it like Argos I think but pretty much works as a click and collect place yeah.

Screwfix is best if you know what you’re after I suppose but B&Q is good for a wander around. It’s got the lot. Get yourself a doorbell, some shrubs for the garden, a couple of lengths of timber, a hose, a fireplace and some wallpaper.

1 Like

I absolutely hate these type of places as they are a painful reminder of how I don’t have even the most basic knowledge or skills of anything whatsoever practical. I did however once sneakily swap my bath plug (with no chain) for the bath plug (with chain) from a display bath, and I have absolutely no regrets or shame regarding this heist.

5 Likes

Glad you got your plug sorted.

18 year old Yvash can confirm it was “Alright”.

Mixing custom paints was fun. Never got to learn how to cut keys because the guy who did it was deeply suspicious of anyone who showed an interest and jealously guarded his job. Most of my time was stuck behind the returns desk, where all human life must eventually find themselves, envying the wideboys on commission who sold fitted kitchens and shit.

1 Like

Wait, it was you who had the Phil Collins encounter wasn’t it?

1 Like

Yup. Even Phil Collins ends up at the returns desk.

1 Like

Laughed at this