DiS Users' August 2022 Album Of The Month

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP FIVE ALBUMS!!

Vote for your favourite five albums. Make your selections clear please as it makes tallying up the scores easier. If you list a whole bunch of albums without making your selections clear I’ll take the first five mentioned as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. No joint positions please. Sorry to be a pedant.

Your album of the month will get five points, 2nd placed album four points, 3rd placed album three points, 4th placed album two points and 5th one point. If you name only one album I’ll give that five points. If you name two albums I’ll score them with five and four points etc. You get the message.

My choices:

1. ?

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

Very quiet month for me. Liked a few but nothing grab me. I’ll revisit some albums and see what you guys choose and will have a listen.

Not sure what’s out tomorrow apart from Julia Jacklin, Altered Images and Stella Donnelly.

Always a lot of great recommendations from you guys about albums that I’ve missed or overlooked.

Please forgive any shameless bumps of this thread during the week. I’ll keep this thread open until Sunday 4th September so you’ll have over a week to listen to tomorrow’s releases before choosing.

Vote now!! (Or later in the week) but make your choices clear please.

2 Likes

Would have thought the Anna Tivel album from last week might be up your street @BMS1, might be worth a listen if you didn’t check it out yet.

1 Like

to get an early draft in

1. Why Bonnie - 90 in November
  2. The Mountain Goats - Bleed Out
  3. Kiwi Jr - Chopper
  4. THICK - Happy Now
  5. The Chats - Get Fucked

few decent rap projects that I expected a little more from, but they might grow on me

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll have a listen.

1 Like

I already know the Roc Marciano/Alchemist collab album is going to be my favourite of the month.

Just want to plug Mass of Fermenting Dregs ahead of voting, they’ve been the discovery of the summer. The album takes you on a 33 minute trip, no single song can really pin the album down. If you like energy, riffs, and noisy guitar solos but also pretty, jangly shoegaze, you’re going to want to get in on this. There are some very fun and weird moments on this - I don’t want to spoil it but there’s a sequence on the album where a steady krautrock-y jam suddenly gives way to what i can only describe as psychedelic nu-metal, it’s incredible.

Good song here:

3 Likes

Even though it was on the August release threads, Spotify and the internet seems to think it came out on 22nd July? I’ve definitely been enjoying it lots either way though!

1 Like

Oh! So weird. Yeah just went off the august threads, woops

I’m sure it popped up in the music league new releases round we were in also (for August), unless that was just you who picked it and inadvertently breaking the rules again? :smiley:

Yeah, that’s a hard no from me :wink:

2 Likes

Reaction GIF

3 Likes

It’s much better than that sounds! Very tasteful!

1. Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Awakening:Sleeping
  2. Speilbergs - Vestli
  3. Tropical Fuck Storm - Moonburn EP

Very excited to explore the rest of Mass of the Fermenting Dregs catalog. Their S/T EP seems fantastic so far.

1 Like

Slowish month

1. Art Moore - Art Moore
  2. Cheekface - Too Much Too Ask
  3. Why Bonnie - 90 in November
  4. Julia Jacklin - Pre Pleasure
  5. Hot Chip - Freakout/Release
1 Like
  1. Dawnwalker - House of Sand
  2. Hot Chip - Freakout/Release
  3. Alex Banks - Projection
  4. Rachika Nayar - Heaven Come Crashing
  5. Kessler - Endless

Another great month. That Rachika Nayar album is fantastic. Electronica + Shoegazing + breaks? Yes please!

3 Likes

Actually can I change this to…

1. Art Moore - Art Moore
  2. Cheekface Too Much To Ask
  3. Why Bonnie - 90 in November
  4. Panda Bear & Sonic Boom - Reset
  5. Julia Jacklin - Pre Pleasure
2 Likes
  1. Hot Chip - Freakout/Release
  2. The Chats - Get Fucked
  3. Pantha Du Prince - Garden Gaia
  4. Szun Waves - Earth Patterns
  5. Muse - Will of the People

Sylvan Esso - No Rules Sandy

1 Like

(correct thread this time!)

1. Hermóðr - To The Nightside
  2. Blackbraid - Blackbraid I
  3. Olim - Ursine
  4. Pilori - Quand Bien Même L’Enfer et le Déluge S’abattraient sur Nous
  5. Russian Circles - Gnosis
1 Like

I got this written on time for a change. My album of the month isn’t going to shock anyone.

Lot’s of great music, techno, shoegaze/electronica. You know… Stuff.

5 Likes

Gave it a listen after your mentioning of it. Really enjoyed it.

2 Likes