DiS Users' December 2020 Album Of The Month - THE RESULTS

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP FIVE ALBUMS!!
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP FIVE ALBUMS!!

I’ve often wanted to award points to my 4th and 5th favourites especially on strong months for releases and wasn’t able due to my own rules and they end up as honourable mentions.

Vote for your favourite five albums. Make your selections clear please as it makes tallying up the scores easier. If you list a whole bunch of albums without making your selections clear I’ll take the first five mentioned as 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th and 5th. No joint positions please. Sorry to be a pedant.

Your album of the month will get five points, 2nd placed album four points, 3rd placed album three points, 4th placed album two points and 5th one point. If you name only one album I’ll give that five points. If you name two albums I’ll score them with five and four points etc. You get the message.

My choices:

1. Taylor Swift - evermore
2. Fightmilk - Fightmilk & Cookies
3. Belle and Sebastian - What To Look For In Summer
4. The Avalanches - We Will Always Love You
5. Katy & Clayton & Marlon Williams - Plastic Bouquet

Taylor Swift’s is more of the same as folklore. The songs took a few more listens before they cracked. Probably not as good as folklore but then whatelse is this year? (answer: the Springsteen album; my AOTY).

It’s Christmas and it’s a Christmas Fightmilk release. Great fun and reminded me of their brilliant Christmas gig at The Finsbury a couple of years ago. Driving Home For Chris Rea rounds off an excellent EP.

Belle & Sebastian’s live album again reminds me of better times and always loved seeing them live. Some great live versions of their songs on the album. Sounds great.

The Avalanches album is good and enjoy the repeated listens but it still hasn’t cracked yet. It seems to have the same pace and style throughout most of it. It’s the style changes between and within the same tracks that I loved of their first two albums.

The Katy & Clayton & Marlon Williams album is good too, especially if you’re a fan of Katy & Clayton and Marlon Williams.

A surprisingly excellent month for new releases. I don’t think there’s anything out on 25th December apart from Cliff Richard’s collaborative album with members of The National. Looking forward to it.

Always a lot of great recommendations from you guys about albums that I’ve missed or overlooked.

Please forgive any shameless bumps of this thread during the week. I’ll keep this thread open until Sunday 3rd January so you’ll have over a week to listen to tomorrow’s releases before choosing.

Vote now!! (Or later in the week) but make your choices clear please.

1 Like
  1. Black Wing - No Moon - [Dark synth Electronica and vocal ] - (still shuffling up my top 10)
  2. Son Lux - Tomorrows II [Electronica]
  3. Pepe Galan and Sito Ostheimer [ambient mc drone and ethereal vocals]
  4. Clearbody - One More Day [Emo/Indie]
  5. Snow Palms - Land Waves - [bubbling ambient mc electronica]

1 Like
  1. Mica Levi - Ruff Dog
  2. Mirry - Mirry

Nothing else on my radar but I guess something may crop up on Bandcamp.

1. The Avalanches
  2. Taylor Swift
  3. Paul McCartney

The Avalanches…(that’s it)

You never know. There might be a surprise Radiohead album :pray:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

Fixed it.

1 Like

:weary: :weary:

1. Dino Brandao, Faber, & Sophie Hunger - Ich Liebe Dich
  2. Babybird - Corona Christmas
  3. Konstantin Gropper & Alex Mayr - Wir Konnen Nicht Anders
  4. Son Lux - Tomorrows II
  5. Chapi Chapo & Les Jouets Electroniques - Collector
1 Like
  1. Avalanches
  2. Taylor Swift
  1. Dawnwalker - Ages
  2. Respire - Black Line
  3. Black Wing - No Moon
1 Like

Mon t’Eric @ericVI

1 Like

Dawnwalker - ages
Rupture // Rapture - parallels
Late night final - A wonderful hope
Respire - Black Line

1 Like

Amazing there’s actual albums to give a shit about in December for once!

1 Like

Also a pitty non of them will be considered as AOTY so late in the day… dunno about all y’all but I feel kinda proud that @ericVI came away with this. Wow… album is ridiculously good

1 Like

It’s a fantastic album. Really like the Crestfallen ep as well. Strong year for the fella.

1 Like

Yep… couldn’t agree any more

1 Like
  1. The Avalanches - We Will always love you
  2. Taylor Swift - Evermore
  3. Four Tet - Parallel

1.Helios - Domicile
2.Flying Moon in Space - S/T
3.Richard Youngs & Daniel O’Sullivan - Twelve of Hearts

actually, I think I’d like to put:

Issy Wood - Cries Real Tears!

in as my number 2 spot. Just one listen through this ep so far, but it’s great. It looks like she’s put out a few EPs over the past year or so. A slightly more poppy Keeley Forsyth (without actually being that poppy). Looking forward to listening to all of her songs now.