DiS Users' July 2018 Album Of The Month

Vote for your favourite album and also your second and third choices. Make your selections clear please as it makes tallying up the scores easier. If you list a whole bunch of albums without making your selections clear I’ll take the first three mentioned as 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. No joint positions please. Sorry to be a pedant.

Your album of the month will get three points, 2nd placed album two points and 3rd placed album one point. If you name only one album I’ll give that three points. If you name two albums I’ll score them with three and two points accordingly.

My choices:
1.Mattiel - Mattiel
2.??
3.??

Never heard of Mattiel until a few weeks ago or so. Really like it. Lucky discovery.

A very quiet month for me otherwise. Perhaps I’ve missed a lot of new worthy stuff that’s out. I’ll await your recommendations and see if anything will make my top 3.

Please forgive any shameless bumps of this thread during the week. I’ll keep this thread open until Sunday 5th August and so you’ll have over a week to listen to todays’s releases before choosing.

It’s been a pretty good month of releases for me (not too much out today that’s grabbed me yet but will see) so will need to spend a bit of time getting the top 3 settled. @BMS1 based on folk I’ve seen you post about being a fan of before you may like the Luluc record that was out this month, Wild Pink album also very good

I skim listened to Luluc. I’ll give it another chance. Haven’t heard the Wild Pink album. Cheers for the heads up.

1. Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love
  2. Years & Years - Palo Santo
  3. Halestorm - Vicious

very slow month for me:

1. Deafheaven: Ordinary Corrupt Human Love
  2. Dirty Projectors: Lamp Lit Prose

I’ll leave number 3 open in case I get something else last minute

Didn’t realise Mattiel was a July release. Have been listening to it laid since of late, really enjoying it.

Was going to vote for Jack River’s Sugar Mountain, but realised it was a June release.

Probably voted for it last month anyway.

1. Deafheavn - OCHL
  2. Phase Fatale - Reverse Fall

1. Dirty Projectors
  2. Miss KO

Um…

It’s been a very quiet month for me, which is in no way a reflection on my pick for the month which is:

1. Steve Hadfield - Ether Awe

Lovely early 90s Warp & associates-invoking ambient techno wurbles with heaps of personality and the best album title of the year.

I meant KO by Miss Red for my second choice, of course. Distracted by trying to think of anything I could put in third place.

1. Ovlov - Tru
  2. Ross from Friends - Family Portrait
  3. Dirty Projectors - Lamp Lit Prose

Shite month generally.

:blush:
Well if that isn’t the best hangover cure!

Pretty quiet month all told.

1. Jake Muir - Lady’s Mantle
  2. Jacob Nico - Outer Mongolia
  3. Ross From Friends - Family Portrait

Jake Muir album is an exceptional collection of bubbling ambience - properly reminiscent of Biosphere’s best work.
Jacob’s album is an incredibly immersive listen. Expansive and claustrophobic all at once.
Ross From Friends is one of the more interesting electronic albums I’ve heard in the last couple of months - very intricate.

Can I give my third place vote to Gaika please? Really good album.

1. Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love
  2. Skeletonwitch - Devouring Radiant Light
  3. …err…?

1. Bodega - Endless Scroll

Haven’t really checked out much this month but the Bodega record is class

Oh aye, forgot about this.
Bit of a slow burner for me but it’s good record. Think they’ll be one of those ‘better love than on record’ type bands.

I loved it instantly but it’s right up my street, almost ridiculously so

Solid month, nowt I love but lots to like…

1. Laurel Halo
  2. The Innocence Mission
  3. Jake Muir

Also enjoyed the Norman Westberg, Marlowe, Lotic and Ross from Friends LPs