DiS Users October 2016 Album Of The Month

Vote for your favourite album and also your second and third choices. Make your selections clear please as it makes tallying up the scores easier. If you list a whole bunch of albums without making your selections clear I’ll take the first three mentioned as 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. No joint positions please. Sorry to be a pedant.

Your album of the month will get three points, 2nd placed album two points and 3rd placed album one point. If you name only one album I’ll give that three points. If you name two albums I’ll score them with three and two points accordingly.

Unfortunately October wasn’t even slightly close to September for good album releases. I probably haven’t heard as many new albums that I should have. Only two from me but I hope for some recommendations from you guys.

1. Kate Tempest - Let Them Eat Chaos
  2. Weyes Blood - Front Row Seat To Earth

Please forgive any shameless bumps of this thread during the week. I’ll keep this thread open until Sunday 6th November and so you’ll have over a week to listen to tomorrow’s releases before choosing.

Vote now!! (Or later in the week) but make your choices clear please.

The Radio Dept. - Running Out Of Love
Haven’t listened to any other October release but nothing’s going to beat this anyway. Fantastic.

1. The Radio Dept. - Running Out Of Love
  2. Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker
  3. Goat - Requiem

Only listened to one:

Jagwar Ma - Every Now & Then

Soft Hair is out tomorrow, looking forward to giving that a listen.

1. helado negro - private energy
  2. katie gately - color

Definitely haven’t listened to as many new releases this month. Pretty much only listened to these three:

1. The Radio Dept - Running out of love
  2. Leonard Cohen - You want it darker
  3. Connor Oberst - Ruminations

I prefer Eoin McLove.

1. The Radio Dept.
  2. American Football

Very close between those two.

I (unusually) haven’t got a third this month as I have been catching up on September releases by Okkervill River (what a great record), Jenny Hval, Nicolas Jaar (another cracker), Hamilton Leithauser etc. A slight failing of doing the releases month by month is that great months like this September can get under-represented - I hadn’t had a chance to listen to any of those records before last month’s poll because there were so many other great ones.

What a dire month. Probably the worst i can remember. Not got round to the Joanna Newsom LP yet, but must’ve listened to sixty others and the only one i enjoyed was…

1. American Football - S/T(2?)

What Joanna Newsom lp?

Like others have said, such a weak month for releases. The rest of the year doesn’t look much good either :confused:

1. C Duncan - The Midnight Sun
  2. Agnes Obel - Citizen of Glass
  3. NxWorries - Yes Lawd

Shit, that’s a year old. Looks like the new release is only a single.

Josef Leimberg - Astral Progressions
So fucking good, probably my album of the year

1. Katie Gately - Color
  2. Carla Dal Forno - You know what it’s like
  3. EYE - Sabine

Think Mono - Requiem for Hell is the only release in October I’ve listened to. So that

1. Roy Montgomery - RMHQ
  2. Goat - Requiem
  3. Benoit Pioulard - The Benoit Pioulard Listening Matter

1. Powell - Sport
  2. The Radio Dept - Running Out of Love
  3. Hiss Golden Messenger - Heart Like a Levee

1. The Lemon Twigs - Do Hollywood
  2. The Orb - COW, Chill Out World