DiS Users' September 2017 Album Of The Month

Couldn’t quite bring myself to hit my credit card for the Tape Loop boxset - you’re making me regret it.

I won’t say it’s not lovely, cause it is, but said no myself then later caved to an under 10 left tweet. His boxset from last year as the boats is the most expensive piece of music I’ve ever bought, but again beautiful.

This month has been ridiculous. Massive Mogwai fan, massive GY!BE fan and yet their albums don’t even get a look in for me. Too much good stuff. Sleep Well Beast was great as well but seeing them live soured it a wee bit, they were guff.

1. LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
  2. Phoebe Bridges - Stranger In The Alps
  3. Prawn - Run
  4. Nosaj Thing - Parallels
  5. Protomartyr - Relatives in Descent

Order is pretty arbitrary as there has been too much good stuff to actually give enough time to any one record but I’ll go with:

1. Teresa Winter - Untitled Death
  2. Kassel Jaeger - Aster
  3. Mogwai - Every Country’s Sun

I’ve not heard of your top two choices. What type of music? Worth checking out for someone that mainly listens to indie rock like me?

Obviously I recommend both but possibly not up to street. Both electronic and I guess on the experimental side rather than big beats or whatever. Teresa Winter might be worth checking out if you like Grouper.

1 - Protomartyr (Half Sister, what an ending)
2 - DUDS - what an effort
3 - Omni - Solid and classic

It was a very very good month, but these stood out in my opinion

1. Alvvays - Antisocialites
  2. The Horrors - V
  3. LCD Soundsystem - American Dream

The National
Phoebe Bridgers
Four Tet
Protomartyr

Just a heads up, in case you don’t want Protomartyr cut off

WOULD YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN MY CHILDREN?

tbf good as it is, Protomartyr is my least favourite of the four, but I have the nagging sense that there’s something there I haven’t quite unlocked yet…

Liked a lot of stuff this month

1. Wolves In The Throne Room - Thrice Woven
  2. Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun
  3. Mogwai - Every Country’s Sun

Honourable Mentions: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Luciferian Towers, Jabu - Sleep Heavy, China Girl - China Girl

1. Protomartyr
  2. LCD
  3. Ben Frost

1 Susanne Sundfor
2 LCD
3 Motorpsycho - The Tower
honourable mentions: upper wilds, pere ubu

What a loaded month, here goes…

1. LCD Soundsystem
  2. Four Tet
  3. Moses Sumney
  4. Kamasi Washington
  5. The Caretaker pt3
  6. Godspeed
  7. Protomartyr

Gah, 3-7 are all interchangeable, but lets give Sumney the point. Still not listened to Ben Frost yet, The National, Mogwai & Onmi are all pretty decent too, not feeling Susanne Sundfor that much, sorry DiS.

forgot about the Clientele! despite that being my most listened to
put that at #1

1. Moses Sumney - Aromanticism
  2. The National - Sleep Well Beast
  3. Mount Kimbie - Love What Survives

It’s a wonderful album. Would be number one for me in most months.

Yep, stone cold classic Clientele; a beaut - but still looking like it won’t make the top 3 for me this month. Tragic.

1. The National
  2. LCD
  3. The Horrors