Whittington Park Football Pitch
Round two of the battle of the beer bellies. The first match ended in a victory for the mighty DiS, and we wouldn’t expect any different this time given our current run of games: we are definitely due another win any day now.
As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
After this match there will a brief break in football-related activity, as DiS management will explore options for potential matches down under. I understand their rules are very different to ours, and you won’t seem me wearing one of those sleeveless numbers. One of our ex-players is actively enjoying it though, so who knows.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Saturday 26 November: DiS v To Madeira (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 4 December: reds v blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Thursday 15 December: Annual Awards Night (7:30 PM, location t.b.c.)
Sunday 8 January: reds v blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)