am Dan S
lm Chris
fw Bilal

subs from : Mark, Nick and Jimmy
late fitness test: Dan O

1 Like

Super!

good luck DiS, weā€™re all counting on you

Every time I see the name @Sean in a team, I assume itā€™s ESA. Always a little bit disappointed when it isnā€™tā€¦

e: (obviously Sean that does play is good)

I havenā€™t played football since I left school. MAYBE i should come one day?

youā€™ll fit right in

3 Likes

Today!

Really good game today guys: you lot were seriously unlucky to not get something from it. Thought your defence was very solid, and Dan gave our makeshift defence kittens at times. Our lot having a few lads (including myself) whoā€™ve played together quite a bit in midfield recently helped us, but it really could have gone either way: two ā€œfreakā€ goals for us were the difference in the end.

As a side note, Iā€™m off freekick duty for a while after those efforts in the second half: theyā€™ll haunt my nightmares for a while to comeā€¦

Cheers again, and look forward to returning from the dark side soon if youā€™ll take me backā€¦

1 Like

Decent game from everyone today. I thought Sean, Matt and Jimmy were superb for us across the back - they didnā€™t miss a thing all afternoon.

I thought we became a little too one-dimensional as the game went on - maybe a few too many up and unders to really force the Brewdog guys back.

The game was played in a good spirit too, with @meths niggly fouls on Pete being cancelled out by the off the ball shoves in the back that were being put in by the whole Brewdog teamā€¦

Good game all round, Peteā€™s last goal was really good. RIP Louisā€™s shins, though.

And @blind_pilot kicking the ball really hard from really short distance. Bruised nipple as a result.

2 Likes

I was a big fan of Ormsby walloping the ball into the guy who did that cynical handball and was laying on the ground.

3 Likes

Yeah, really enjoyed that. Well played everyone. Thought we were really unfortunate to lose that everyone put a great shift in, kept our shape well, back four were all superb and we looked after the ball as well as Iā€™ve seen us do for ages. Very positive signs.

Saw you take it to the face pretty hard early on too. Bit unfair of Brewdog to target you like that tbh

Enjoyed that a lot - we were unlucky with the result & pretty evenly matched. Echoing whatā€™s been said above, I thought the defense was solid.

I went cheap on my shinpads and that appears to have been a mistake!

Iā€™ve got some bruising and scabs on my side after getting a high-foot against me as well, they were largely a good bunch but there were a couple of them who were absolute filth, bloke who started left-wing for them in particular.

Fuck I miss football :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, he started off the match by putting in a few little digs with his elbows and fists and liked a bit of shirt pulling. So I thought, ā€œwell, if thatā€™s how you want to play the game todayā€¦ā€ and just walked into him a few times, linked arms and walked him out of the penalty area, that kind of thing, and he suddenly went all quiet and stopped wanting the ball.

1 Like