Islington Tennis Centre
First game of the year for the beloved football team affiliated to this website. Now that the festive period is over, everyone will be keen to get some exercise and run around on those lovely red and white shirts with the famous anchor on the front. We’ve played this lot most recently in October last year, and all we have to do is improve on the result of that match.
In other news, we also will have a match coming up against Perfidious Albion, and a truly special one against the National. More news to follow soon.
As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- changing rooms with shower and toilet facilities are available
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 11:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 12 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 7 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.