Disc Golf Info

Dont think it is very much talked about, In the Uk they have Activity Centres and one has more Frisbe than Disc, but its a start.
Manchester has a good one…

and a link…

7 Likes

Has my secret santa recipient used theres yet??

sometimes when i’m playing tennis a disc golf disc lands on the court and we’re not allowed to touch it cos it’s against the disc golf rules

2 Likes

@DiWil ever played bluebell woods? was there on saturday for the first time in a while, highest rated course in the UK :sunglasses:

sometimes when people are walking past they pick up your frisbee and throw it back to you thinking they’re being helpful

also dogs like to steal them

2 Likes

No it’s too far…silly :innocent:.even If I swim over, I will be then too worn out…I am one of the more mature Students here… :zipper_mouth_face:

I have a friend in Chicago that I chat with most days…He got me looking at it as he is into that in a big way.
We meet because he was in a band and gave me a few pointers about my rubbish standard of guitar playing…Love to have a go as always loved sports…would start just up from freebee on the beach level…

Course I still play in the Woods…normal behaviour for a country bumpkin…joking, I just walk in the Woodlands now…
And now my Lunch is being served…waving…

1 Like

Theres no courses anywhere near leeds

ah sorry! from your OP i thought you were manchester based

is disc golf gaining popularity in france then? it’s starting to catch on up here, but i still think 99% of people have never heard of it

looks like doncaster is nearest? but there are 9 hole courses in harrogate and huddersfield.

has a pretty solid map of courses if anyone is interested

Ahh yeah it’s great. Played a few rounds at Quarry Park near Cov which was a lot of fun. Really worth a visit. Upsetting when it goes in the river but fun trying to retrieve it if it’s a good disc! Don’t want to lose your driver down with a wild wang down the back fairway.

The sound as it hits the chainmail is so satisfying. Up there with the swoosh of nothing but net.

I can’t find any info on that Thorne one

It looks like a standard golf course

ha! maybe :upside_down_face:

remember everyone up here was getting excited about a new course opening near glasgow that no one had heard anything about when someone spotted it on udisc. turned out it was just a normal golf course that someone had added. no idea how that happens.

The Huddersfield one is 3 holes :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Did maybe four holes in Longford Park once before my friend’s child started getting too distracted by trees and mud. I was rubbish but quite enjoyed it.

Spotted a new “footgolf” centre near to where I live. Is this a new trend? Have heard of disc golf before but not this

Beating the very,very smug and very,very competitive dad of my Daughters friend at Longford still makes me smile when I think about it…. First time I’d ever played it too!!!

1 Like