Discogs

Ah that’s a real shame. I’ve got some classic Textbook Boomer stuff from my parents’ collection - Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Paul Simon, Thriller etc - wild variety of pressing quality with stuff that popular of course.

1 Like

I see that they have added the ability to add users as friends:

Which seem like a good idea but would anybody want to share their collection with people? I don’t mind saying a select few records I have but, I don’t like the idea of scrolling through everything I have, Marshmallow scented Ghostbusters soundtrack included.

Hmm, you’ve been able to befriend people on there for ages I think. Also if you upload your collection I just thought any one who clicked on your username (like, via the marketplace) could see it.

I had a look last night and I think it is a feature that has been added to the app to simplify adding friends it’s just the 1st time I have seen them make a thing of it.

Also found in the privacy setting you can choose to hide both your wantlist and collection if you wanted. Turned the collection one on straight away.

1 Like

Ah, cool. Just logged into the app for the first time in ages. I wonder if they are making the social aspect a bit more interesting. Unsure what they could do to it really.

There is no need is there? It’s a market place, rather than waste time with this they need to sort out the shipping fuck up and probably update the desktop website with a nicer II

2 Likes

and the app. That’s shit as well.

3 Likes

I like the app more than the website but, the switching inapp between the app ui and the website is pretty annoying.

Think it’s mainly when buying records that it happens.

2 Likes

Could be a useful feature , if you bought from someone and they shipped fast and the record was as described. Good to get a list of trusted sellers I guess.

2 Likes

Agree, they were quick and it was well packaged, etc, faultless.

I have bookmarked them (Piccadilly) but they have no Slayer records!

Oops, wrong thread!

Ugh just got a pissy discogs dm from a buyer months after he’d received something “you’ve mislabelled this as nearly mint, there’s too much noise”. No demand for a refund, just wanted to be sniffy at me. Mate I listened to that record exactly once, with a pristine needle, if it’s noisy that’s on the pressing and don’t complain months after you received it! Arrrgggh.

I once had someone who left positive feedback but took the time to mention that the CD ‘smelled weird’.

10 Likes

Classic @bornin69x - owner of many weird smelly CDs.

3 Likes

Sold all the stinkiest ones

3 Likes

Love these guys when selling.

Chooses standard shipping marked clearly as untracked
I confirm order and say they’ve chosen untracked so if they want tracked let me know now.
I send order and reiterate it was sent untracked.

3 days later the record hasn’t arrived ‘please send me the tracking number’.

5 Likes

What is going on with boxsets at the moment? There are a fair few sold last month that aren’t even 10 years old:

1 Like

Jesus!

It’s happening again seriously if you don’t own it or not distributing it and you are some form of record store you need to fuck off.

1 Like

I hate when you’re essentially helping a website for free in your own time and instead of any thanks you just get a ‘you’re doing it slightly wrong, please stop’

4 Likes