Discogs

You’d have to be a chump to sell something on Discogs for well below it’s normal price wouldn’t you? It literally tells you how much things normally go for when you are listing them.

1 Like

Listen to it?
There have been a couple of bands who were mostly active during the CD years that subsequently put out complete discographies as box sets that I snapped up and love listening to (Sleater Kinney a few years ago and Sparklehorse last year). Much much less faff (and ultimately expense) that waiting for the drip feed of reissues like PJ Harvey is currently doing.

When you get to whatever it is £1,800 there is surely an ulterior motive than just listening particularly with how often some of them show up on the monthly most expensive list.

At that price people are surely buying things just in the hope of selling them to someone like them for a bit more. It’s a ‘market’ like anything else and the only thing that matters about the object is its scarcity.

1 Like

Oh yeah sure but that doesn’t mean boxsets are necessarily bad in and of themselves.

Boxsets are great for stuff you’ve always meant to catch up but not got round to. Really enjoying the Seefeel boxset on Warp that I got last week. Four CDs of brilliant music, stylishly and neatly packaged, for £25.

4 Likes

I like to think its someone who is punk as fuck and not willing to compromise. I paid 2 bucks for this in '88 so i’m not going to rip anyone off now!

4 Likes

‘I just want it to go to a good home’

1 Like

More data from Discogs. You’d think the average collector would have more 184 records on discogs.

1 Like

I’ve only catalogued the records I’ve bought from Discogs. Cannot be arsed going through the rest of my collection. I imagine it’s a common theme…

1 Like

I catalogued my entire collection during the first lockdown, which killed about a week. Safe it say I have more than 184…

4 Likes

3 Likes

plus one flexidisc

3 Likes

According to discogs I own 3. It’s probably 5k or something. I got bored adding them…not exactly a testament to my tenacity.

1 Like

I’ll catalogue my library on Discogs when I can get it all in alphabetical order and all in one place. And probably after a much-needed cull. It’s so sprawling it desperately needs some curation or I’m going to end up having to buy a shed to keep it in.

1 Like

I did a mass add in 2017 when we had rearrange at the old house so it’s been easy for the last 5 years to add and subtract as and when. That first add took me at least 5 days

I had this… sold it for £30 when I was really on my arse in 1993… true story :frowning:🥲

:hugs:

come on then, who here has 512,279 records!??! That is a lot though.

I started to get all mine on there years ago, lost where i was and now it’s totally random. Keep meaning to fill in the gaps but it’s very daunting.

I’m loosely ordered by genre but if i’m honest…it’s chaos! Have generally got artists and associated acts next to each other at least though

1 Like

Been enjoying this war for the last week

https://www.discogs.com/release/19109644-The-Fool-Andrew-Weatherall-Mix/history?utm_campaign=release-update&utm_source=relationship&utm_medium=pm#latest

1 Like