Discourse Blog - Drowned in Sound

Social Communities

When I think of an online community, I often think of the forums of the late 90s/early 2000s. Before social networks, these were the social gathering points on the web where discussions took place about politics, video gaming, music, and the little parts of life. This, in essence, is what a social community is. The members of these communities come together to discuss whatever they want to socialize. Think of this as a sort of cocktail party or in-person meetup.

Drowned in Sound is one of my favorite examples of a social community. Ever want to talk about your favorite bands with other passionate music lovers? A social community like Drowned in Sound fits the bill, but also expands into other topic areas its members are interested in.

1 Like

If this has been discussed elsewhere already I do not give a FUCK

but seriously though, feel free to delete it if it’s a duplicate @moderatars, no worries if not

‘Cocktail party’

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I came for the I’m buying you a pie and stayed for the big dogs in my profession

1 Like

I have never been to a cocktail party though so what do i know!?

Would only go to one focussed around the sausages.

haha look at those straight dope message board nerds!

4 Likes

Drowned in sound - Sean Adams
Straight dope - cecil adams

the Adams clan keeping forums alive since 05

TV Shows Only You Remember - 892 Replies

Well clearly it’s not just you who remembers them!

3 Likes

now you’re talking. It would really upset me if there was cheese and pineapple there as well though. I don’t know why there would be, but they never seem to be apart

1 Like

We’re all drinking cocktails while posting on here, right? …Right?

2 Likes

THEY ONLY ATE SAUSAGE
SAUSAGE ON A STICK

2 Likes

They’ve got Site Feedback at the top! What bunch of fucklng dickheads!

1 Like

Or it’s 892 separate tv shows. You decide!

#nochat

1 Like

Ha lol, maoam reads blogs. About forums. How very 2006

6 Likes

I don’t come on here to talk about my favourite bands with other music lovers WTF?!

What are your top 3 bands?

Salary
Rubber
Council Tax (Band C)

6 Likes