DiScovery Channel (spiritual successor to album of the day)

Hellllllllo there everybody!

Hope you’re well? You well? Goooooooooood stuff.
Do you like the punny title? I hate it, but it’s all I have.

Anyways, you may remember the album of the day thread I was running last year, but due to my general forgetfulness and rather unforgiving personal life hurdles that got in my way I kind of let it slip. @NeilYoung asked for me to bring it back, whilst I was drunk, and I agreed but I didn’t bring it back. It was fun but the format could use some work and I now present to you ‘some work’

SO
What we’re going to do is once every week we’re going to have a band/artist to listen to with the lady/lad who nominated the band picking 3 albums from their discography for people to listen to. The main page is going to go all @Scunner and @funkhouser on us and have a HOW GOOD IS THIS ALBUM REALLY? poll underneath which will be unveiled at the end of the week.

I figure 3 albums a week is more manageable for us to listen to and me pulling up the thread once a week to update it is far easier for me :wink:

So guys and gals. PM me your artist and 3 albums and I’ll place them on a first come first served basis and will post a new thread every Wednesday PM. Starting TONIGHT with my picks to get things rolling.

Happy listening :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No rules in regards to picks - just write why you picked what you did in your PM to me.
Doesn’t have to be obscure. Could be a major artist, could be a small indie, could be ANYTHING.

Assume the smashing pumpkins are ineligible

But im going to add a rule

NO WEIRD COLLECTIONS YOU CAN ONLY GET ONLINE VIA FANSITES. NO OBNOXIOUSLY LONG BOX SETS AND NO MACHINA. Also it has to be on a major streaming service

1 Like

Can I treat natural snow buildings, twinsistermoon, and isengrind as one band as they kind of are?

Same band with a name change - yes
Different bands with no direct lineage (EG the debut album as band 1 isn’t considered cannon with band 2) then no FOR EXAMPLE -
Preoccupations/Viet Cong YES
Joy Division/New Order - NO

1 Like

What about the respective solo projects of a two piece band, if they’ve done a triple album featuring all three bands?

no

1 Like

Ok, people should listen to the snowbringer triple album regardless

What about bands who have only released one or two great albums? We’re going to end up ruling out a lot of great albums.

Yeah I can’t think of many bands with three great albums

1 Like

Allow me to retoooooooooool this a bit

Submit any 3 albums
They either have to - Be from the same artist
OR
Follow a ‘theme’. You’ll need to state the theme of your selections so I can include it. FOR EXAMPLE ‘all these bands have billy corgan in it’ or ‘what i listen to when its really sunny’ OR ‘albums that make excellent use of cowbell’

1 Like