DiSer AMAs #10: carmen

the past tense here is a bit sinister. did it stop being endearing AND THEN YOU KILLED THEM?

Hi @nemrac,

If you could be any dinosaur, which dinosaur would you be and why?

2 Likes

I actually suit hats but I hate wearing them because my head gets itchy. I have a red beret that makes me look really pretentious but my favourite is a green bobble hat I bought last year, wore all the time then lost on a train but I liked it so much I went into Accessorize tā€™other day and bought a new one exactly the same.

This is a really tough one so Iā€™ll think about it and get back to you OK?

1 Like

Hi Carmen,

If you had to pick another country to go work in for a while (other than Switzerland) what would it be (assuming you can speak any language)

1 Like

hey @nemrac, whatā€™s your favourite type of DiS thread

1 Like

Probably Russian as it would help me in the work Iā€™m doing right now, also you can understand a load of other languages with it, and speaking Russian makes you sound like a spy.

Arabic would be cool too, I love the sort of gutteral and nasal sounds involved.

Or Japanese or German! But Iā€™m too lazy and my French isnā€™t even that good so I canā€™t really justify starting a new one.

3 Likes

Where in the world is @nemrac, San Diego?

Looks like leeds judging by the questions.

Can you teach me and my missus Spanish or German at a cheap price

1 Like

Hi @nemrac, did your family have a car growing up, if so which car was it?

1 Like

Iā€™m not big on coffee but my favourite places are Out of the Woods at Granary Wharf and Mrs Athaā€™s on Central Avenue/Street/whatever (near Little Tokyo). La Bottega Milanese is meant to be good but Iā€™ve never been, and thereā€™s a good place next to Brasserie 44 but itā€™s tiny.

1 Like

Donā€™t really like them as when I buy chocolate I like to know what Iā€™m getting, no surprises. Probably the Maltesers (Iā€™m very very sorry Revels fans).

3 Likes

@Twinkletoes

Hope this isnā€™t against the rules to chirp , best places iā€™ve had coffee in Leeds are opposite & laynes

4 Likes

I fear E4 is gonna come down on you like a tonne of bricks but I appreciate the input.

1 Like

What is your favourite animal and why?

1 Like

Gloverā€™s interpretation of Abed in the Freaky Friday episode of Community is pure brilliance! He properly nails Danny Pudiā€™s mannerismsā€™ :smiley:

That performance of Redbone on Fallon too! Ooooft

2 Likes

Well last night I had this exact conundrum and went for olives, mushrooms and red onion as Iā€™m trying to eat less meat, but Iā€™d probably prefer something like ham, mushroom and sausage if Iā€™m truly honest with myself.

2 Likes

solid answer. thanks!

1 Like

Who are your top Carmens; dead or alive, real people or fictional characters??

1 Like

I donā€™t get takeaway a lot and when I do itā€™s usually Mumtaz, My Thai, Bundobust or somewhere like that, I havenā€™t been to a traditional takeaway apart from the night I had to go to the nearest one and get chips for the TV as heā€™d been on the shots and had gone green.

This has made me realise that Iā€™ve never had a chippy tea from a takeaway in Leeds, should probably rectify that when Iā€™m home.

1 Like

Hey @nemrac, hope youā€™re well!

Whoā€™s your favourite Jarman and why?

2 Likes