DiSer AMAs #15: xylo

I was not previously familiar with this joke, but I chuckled when I looked it up. Thank you for your answer Xylo, have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can we ask more than one? If so:

@xylo (1) what is your favourite Jason Statham film and (2) if you could switch Jason Statham into any role in film history, which role would it be and why would he improve the film?

1 Like

hello xylo

I’d like to know when the last time you were booked was

thanks
japes

1 Like

Link us the song you’ve been involved in creating that you’re most proud of and tell us why you like it so much

1 Like

Isn’t it called On the Origin of Species rather than Origin of the Species? Or is it a different book with a similar title?

1 Like

hello @xylo, what are your 11th to 15th (inclusive) favourite action films?

1 Like

You are allowed to steal one thing from the shop. What is it?

1 Like

what is the biggest thing you have ever touched

2 Likes

You can stop Brexit, but in exchange (1) nobody can ever know it was you who did it, and (2) you must howl like a wolf during any major ceremony (weddings, funerals, etc) you attend for the rest of your life and you’re not allowed to explain why.

Do you do it?

4 Likes

When was the last time you used BluTac?

1 Like

What makes you happy?

Don’t forget to remove any Bourne films from your list since they’ve been reclassified as sci-fi.

2 Likes

What was it that made you reach out and say we should go for a pint all of those years back, and what was it that made you change your mind?

1 Like

Hello @xylo

You enter a multi-storey car-park with 5 levels. Each one has the following number of available spaces:

Level 1 - 44
Level 2 - 3 (there is a hand car-wash on this level that takes up 24 spaces)
Level 3 - 163
Level 4 - 152
Level 5 - 63

Level 5 is a rooftop level with an extremely noisy generator whilst the other 4 levels have mind-numbing elevator music piped into them.

Which level do you choose and why?

Wish I’d followed up then. Had assumed the organisation problems were a passive way of reconsidering the gesture.

1 Like

Good question - it is attached to an INTU shopping centre which contains the branch of Partners Stationers that you get your treasury tag supplies from.

Or if we’re being really picky

“On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life”

I completely empathise with you, wouldn’t have been offended either way.

1 Like

Hello @xylo. I would like to ask you a question if I may. My question is this question:

What is the world record weight for a carrot?

And once you’ve googled that I have a follow-up question:

Do you think that carrot should really count, given what it looks like?

4 Likes

Cheers buddy. Unfortunately when I did the crystal maze in that London I totally shut down under the pressure of everyone shouting conflicting instructions at me. No crystals and locked up :joy:

2 Likes