DiSer AMAs #17: colon_closed_bracket

No, I wish I’d kept it up, actually! Play some Nick Drake or something. (Has anyone ever told you that you look a bit like him, by the way?)

1 Like

Thanks very much.

Wild times!

:smiley:

1 Like

Hi c_c_b, big fan of your work.

Apart from your wedding, which has been your most happy and emotional day?

Hey hexagram

Good question!

It depends on the day. Sometimes we’ll have friends over for dinner or just for a cuppa and a catch-up; sometimes one of us will be out and so I’ll potter around / do Foodbank bits / play a bit of guitar. I try to cook a nice meal for Mrs CCB (this started as a bit of a tradition after parenthood due to a lack of money / childcare options) most weeks. And then there are some evenings where we’ll just sit around in our lounge pants and drink tea and eat chocolate and watch crap on TV.

At the moment the house is in chaos so we’re spending quite a lot of evenings doing various sorting-out jobs. But I can’t be doing that every evening.

1 Like

Boris Johnson.

5 Likes

Hello ThingsThatFly

I’ve never actually bought a pack of Revels, based on the fact there’s a one in five chance of eating a coffee sweet :grimacing: However, I believe there are orange flavour Revels, and I’m a big fan of orange-flavour chocolates.

I think Alex James does well to be the worst member of a band that’s fronted by Damon Albarn.

1 Like

I really want to answer these.

RTF

1 Like

Ah yes. I’m kind-of torn between being happy that I’ve made something that looks good, and not wanting to be an annoying showboater :smiley:

Am i still barred from doing one of these?

RTF!

(Use eric’s AMA thread for this question)

nah you’re in the list

if it is an in-joke I’m not aware of it - I just like the history of science and wanted to ask about it.

geocentric models do look pretty cool. concentric circles are much more visually appealing than whatever nonsense the so-called scientists are peddling now

1 Like

Hey! And likewise. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Bizarrely, I wouldn’t say that I was particularly emotional after the birth of either child. The major emotion in both cases was relief that both mother and baby were okay (particularly in the case of our first).

I think it might have been the day we went to Kennedy Space Center earlier this year. My eldest is obsessed with space, to the extent that she’s given each of us in the family nicknames based on the names of the shuttles in the Space Shuttle program. We’d been before in 2015 but went again this year. The girls were ridiculously excited, and it was just really joyful and slightly emotional to see how excited they were again.

Also, I stuck on The Sophtware Slump on the way there, and managed to time it so that we arrived just as the opening bars of “So You’ll Aim Towards The Stars” played. I think that did me a little bit.

6 Likes

Ah that’s very sweet, lovely, lovely stuff.

:grinning:

*breathes*

What’s tougher, keeping up with an AMA thread or doing the answers thread for AQOS?

3 Likes

Good question. I used to “pre-record” the answers for AQOS - so, I’d collate everything onto a spreadsheet, and then copy and paste a script into Word to include the question, the answers and then the scoreboard after each round. I reckon I got the whole process down to about 2-3 hours by the end (but I was usually up to midnight / 1am the night before!)

@plasticniki used to do most of the results threads. It was fine until I inevitably messed up somewhere along the lines.

This has been fun so far though! The questions have been good so I’ve not wanted to shortchange people with the answers.

Outstanding