DiSer AMAs #24: colinzealuk

Much better for doing this actually thanks :slight_smile:

This is a Low is definitely my favourite, but the solo HAS to be played by Graham as the best part is when it hits the high note and Simon Tong always fucked it up when he was standing in.

Also have quite a soft spot for Under the Westway - it was the music I chose for the bit where we signed the register at our wedding.

2 Likes

edit 15th October. I helped Mrs Z make this and stick it on the wall in our front room.

7 Likes

Hey zeal, thanks for the Crizzy Maze shout out. As noted previously, I totally crumbled under the pressure of people shouting conflicting instructions at me when I did one of the revised crystal maze things.

Which planet would you visit in the solar system? Theyā€™re all safe and itā€™s going to take a month wherever you go. Which boyband member would accompany you in your two-person shuttle?

1 Like

Fucking hell :grinning:

1 Like

That is AWESOME!

1 Like

Thanks budget - I enjoy yours too!

Thatā€™s one hell of a question. This seems a bit of a cop out, but I donā€™t think thereā€™s ever been a robot more perfect for Robot Wars than Diotoir, so Iā€™d probably make mine a tribute to that. Green instead of red and a rubbish axe as a weapon to pretend Iā€™m trying to win when actually Iā€™m just there to have a laugh and entertain people by driving around in circles while on fire. Fuck any Robot with flippy things and self righting mechanisms - if I were in charge of Robot Wars theyā€™d be outlawed.

Hey wwwwo - congratulations on your mod shield, well deserved!

It would either be my laptop (the dull answer) or my running watch. Iā€™ve not used the latter much since April, but itā€™s a daily thing when Iā€™m in a running phase. Iā€™ve had various running watches since 2005, but my current one is a Garmin Forerunner 610 - I feel naked when going out running without it.

1 Like

I havenā€™t thought about it yetā€¦ if you do one of these I might use it to ask for ideas.

Marrakesh

Very nice!

1 Like

Hi Bammers!

I admire Colin Powell for his commitment to not pronouncing his name problem (tip - itā€™s Col-in, not Co-lin) but he doesnā€™t count for that reason and I quite admire Colin Pillinger (RIP) for his commitment to British Space Exploration. One of my lecturers worked on the Beagle 2 project and had nothing but good things to say about him.

All that said though, itā€™s probably Colin Jackson actually. His genuine enthusiasm for his sport is utterly infectious and can make me forget how ridden with doping it is. Athletics needs a lot more people like him involved in promoting it and far fewer like Seb Coe.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great!

1 Like

Itā€™s okay - weā€™ll buy you out with a crystal. Weā€™re playing for fun, not to win!

I just enjoyed your story about going to the locked room thing with your colleagues so much that Iā€™d quite like to see you in that situation for real.

1 Like

This isnā€™t a question. Please RTF

1 Like

Hi Japes - this is technically not a question, but Iā€™m going to answer anyway.

I think it was on honeymoon in Iceland at JƶkulsĆ”rlĆ³n. There was a whole family of them swimming when we were there

Google Photos
Google Photos

3 Likes

Hey @shewbie, long time no see,

I donā€™t think I do, no. the closest I think Iā€™ve come is taking a beer into the shower on occasion (being careful not to get any water into the bottle or can)

A lime while attempting to make a Moroccan recipe. Canā€™t remember which one Iā€™m afraid and I think from memory it failed :frowning:

No worries - as I said to Witches, weā€™re playing for fun, not to win, so no pressure.

NOW CONNECT THE BLUE WIRE TO THE PINK PLUG!

I would choose Mars, because I donā€™t think Iā€™d enjoy visiting a molten or gas planet and I quite enjoyed the Martian to be honest. Iā€™m not entirely au fait with my boyband members, but Iā€™d either go with Ian ā€˜Hā€™ Watkins from Steps (if they count even though theyā€™re a mixed band), because he seems like heā€™s quite a decent guy. If not, then Iā€™ll take one for the team and bring Gary Barlow and sabotage his space suit while heā€™s sleeping before we land there.

1 Like

Itā€™s paper, slotted together with the cuts done by machine - which is why itā€™s so smooth. Mrs Z is the crafty one out of the two of us really; I just help.

Phew. All caught up so far I think - let me know if Iā€™ve missed anything. Enjoyed all your questions. Happy to answer any more you all might have, but Iā€™m going to take a loo break.

number 1 or 2?

2 Likes