DiSer AMAs #29: Smee

woah that’s a toughie. literally no-one pops into my mind. toadie is OK I guess. Shane Warne is probably quite funny. I’m not an Austraphile at all to be quite frank.

I did (23x10)+(23x7) in my head FYI, would massively struggle if it was two numbers over 20.

I went for (23x20)-(23*3)

I’d have said (20 * 17) + (3 * 17) would be the easiest.

1 Like

ooh yeah i like it. in retrospect what i actually did was (23x10)+((20x7)+(3x7))

There’s a nifty trick that makes it quite simple to square any two digit number in your head, which would wow the crowds at parties, but this is your thread so I won’t spam it any more.

Hi @eems

If you could be any dinosaur, which dinosaur would you be and why?

Also…

How much Smee would a Smeechuck Smee if a Smeechuck could Smee Smee?

1 Like

damn I should have been preparing for this question. I think my child self would admonish me for giving such a non-indie answer but I’m going with Diplodocus because one of my earliest memories is being totally wowed by that massive fake skeleton in the Natural History Museum and then begging my mum to take me back there every weekend.

1 Like

1 Like

hi smee

i’d like to know what your favourite restaurant in glasgow is

thanks
japes

bonus question

any particular favourite smee pun from your time on drownedinsound dot com ?

I feel far less equipped to answer this question than I want to be. I haven’t managed to eat out all that much and to be brutally honest when we have I have been disappointed. Places that i’ve heard people rave about - Hanoi Bike Club, Ubiquitous Chip for eg) despite having great charm really have not nailed the food at all.
Right now I am remembering a really lovely meal in Turnip & Enjoy so I’m going to say that, even though the name of the restaurant puts me in a near incandescent rage.
I am very enthusiastically encouraging restaurant recommendations any other glasgow dissers have.

no not really. back on old dis I shared one my school friends used to say and didn’t get nearly as many thises as it deserved so I’m a bit bitter about that.

“Smee-ee-wind, when the crowd say Joe, SELECTA”

yeah, that’s pretty smeecent

yeah both really nice places with great atmosphere, the chip has been dining out on it’s reputation for years but it’s over priced for what it is. the food for me at hanoi is good, and that’s it.

Cafezique - its known as a brunch type place but their food at night is excellent.
Stravaigin- always got some interesting things going on with their menu and always well executed.
Ox & Finch - lovely food, although i am not a huge fan of being in there for some reason
Alchemila - foods excllent and good atmosphere
Crabshakk - love it, have done since it opened
Ramen Dayo - fucking love this place, best ramen i’ve had outside of tokyo (i have never been to tokyo)

There’s more but that’ll do for now off the top of my head.

1 Like

Pure chocolate; toffee; not telling

1 Like