DiSer AMAs #4: imaperv

Hi pervo,

One question:

Dinner?

1. I reeeeally love pizzas that are piled high with cheese. But Iā€™ll eat most pizzas. Pineapple on a pizza is totally acceptable and even enjoyable IMHO.
  2. Iā€™ve hardly watched any horror movies tbhā€¦ but if weā€™re including psychological thriller type stuff, I really enjoyed Silence of the Lambs (freaked my nut out to this day), Rebecca and American Psycho. And not a film, but the first season of Scream Queens is one of my favourite things ever.
  3. Oh god, where to beginā€¦ I love B&Jā€™s Peanut Butter Cup and Cookie Dough (all-time fave was Cherry Garcia. might be my favourite ever foodstuff), Green and Blacks butterscotch chocolate, or just any pistachio, strawberry or salted caramel ice cream. Nothing is better than lemon sorbet when itā€™s boiling hot though. NOTHING.
1 Like

Hendon Central! I have never been to Hendon before so it will be an experience. (Unless Colindale is part of Hendon?)

Hi NV. Depends, will I have to endure any chip butties as part of the dinner?

The Hendon RAF museum and Hendon Police College are both in Colindale, but Colindale is not strictly speaking Hendon.

FACTOID

Was thinking more pizzas that are piled high with cheese :pizza::cheese:

1 Like

hello pervo

iā€™d like to know what your favourite holiday was

thanks,
japes

@TheBarbieMovie2023

sleepover with all the women of DiS? @whiterussian to host. Iā€™ll bring the extra cheese for the pizza. Would be RIGHT up for this :smiley:

6 Likes

The British Museum newspaper reading rooms used to be there, and my uni subsidised me to go there for 2 days and research 90s newspapers for my dissertation. Found an amazing article in The Sun from August 1995 where a vicarā€™s penis had been cut off. Totally worth it.

Not for the vicar I should imagine.

1 Like

Hello Japes,

My favourite holiday was my 2014 jaunt around the Balkans. it was interesting, beautiful, funny, exciting, very well-planned ( :trumpet: ) and made me feel really confident and brave (mainly because everyone kept telling me how brave I was). My favourite city was Sarajevo but I had the best time in Mostar - spent an evening breaking into an abandoned sniper tower with 5 other hostellees, drinking beer on the roof while the sun went down and going for dinner afterwards. (Unfortunately one of the 5 died recently after falling from a mountain :frowning: )

2 Likes

so THATS what happened with you and Ruffers the other week.

2 Likes

1000% up for this. We should set up our own superior forum while weā€™re at it. DrownedInMound? DrownedInPound?

1 Like

Are snapback hats acceptable?

CWBAFT.

No. Iā€™m the queen of #FashionWatch2k17 and canā€™t imagine anyone wearing one of those hats and not looking like an idiot in it. Buy a tiara instead.

I think theyā€™re still there. My Dad used to spend many many days and lunchtimes (he used to work across the road) there sifting through old newspapers to help populate the archive on Hendonā€™s website.

I would LOVE to be him when Iā€™m old. Genuinely canā€™t wait to do shit like this.

1 Like

:rofl: ffs

2 Likes

Much as I, like many heterosexual men, enjoy slaying hot puss, this is a fair explanation.

1 Like

DrownedIn(Axe)Wound

1 Like