DiSer's in Amsterdam

Hey,

Been on these forums for a few years, don’t post all the time but keep my eye in. Moved from England to Amsterdam in October and was wondering if there many people from the forums who lived here as well?

1 Like

:heart_eyes: A post so I can like this more than once :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

love that ear shot

2 Likes

Lucky you! I’m here this weekend and i love it so much (despite it being absolutely fucking freeezing).

I wish I lived in Amsterdam.

@ma0sm is in Nijmegen now I think?

1 Like

I’d move there if i thought i could be of some use to the Dutch nation.

I wouldn’t be though.

I’ll be there for a football tournament in May. Not sure if the DiS team will be there this year

shrewbie is so chill

1 Like

blaze it

8 Likes

I love to be in Amsterdam but I am currently not there.

I’m in Nijmegen, will probably be going up to Amsterdam a fair bit, only an hour ten on the train from here, which by London standards is the same city.

Misread that as ten hours on the train and was a bit confused about the London standards thing :smiley:

1 Like

My last trip to dam:

:kissing: :musical_note: <<walking down the street
I see :mushroom: for sale
:thinking:
:mushroom:
:joy:
:star_struck:
[scene missing]
:rainbow::unicorn::upside_down_face::clown_face::alien:

:ok_hand:

9 Likes

I’m no use to anyone, let alone a nation state. You’d do fine!

If any of you are around on February 3rd, then maybe come to this which I’ll be performing at

1 Like

How are you liking Nijmegen?

Pretty good! I’ve been a bit glum this week getting all the admin stuff done when I don’t speak the language, and wallowing in self-pity about Ozzie life a bit, but I know it can only get better and I’ve got the majority of the boring stuff done now (BSN, bank account, OV-chipkaart, bought bikes for my work commute).

I did! I’ll be working in Bunnik, start Monday. Work pay for my transport costs so I’ll have free train travel around NL as long as I’m working there so would be good to meet up!

Yeah, weather etc. is all understandable, just adjusting to everything and doing all those admin tasks while jet-lagged is a minor bummer. I am most definitely excited for the tulips.

I am going to apply to do some of these, I was performing stand-up and poetry in England for a few years before I moved here. Was it easy to get some stage-time? I would come to this but I am going to see Hookworms that night at Paradiso Noord

1 Like

Sent you a PM, but for anyone else wondering, these guys have been very helpful putting me in touch with promoters: www.internationalcomedians.com