Disintegration State - New Body In The Thames!!!

just listened to yeah yeah. holy shit!

3 Likes

:grinning: should be the sound of the summer, that track tbh

3 Likes

so fucking good

1 Like

YEA-AH

yeah yeah yeah yeah

1 Like

Good to see Gbenga from Metronomy bigging up @BodyInTheThames on Twitter just now

5 Likes

Very humbling indeed to get a signal boost from someone whose music you love

4 Likes

New one today from @BodyInTheThames, as yer man from Metronomy helpfully points out.

Rhythmic electronica for beaches and stargazing. It’s very very good.

6 Likes

so so good, had the kids dancing away to it this morning while scrambling eggs

3 Likes

You know, I haven’t told anyone but there is a concept to this LP as it goes

Was just chatting to Midland and told him the concept cos I thought he’d be into it and he was like ‘Always tell everyone your story. Share the concept. Own it…’ and so on

so…

In very simple terms it’s the story of a night out;
Track 1 - going to some murky car park to score,
Track 2 - in the car on the way to the rave
Track 3 - coming up in the strobes and glitter high and losing yourself completely
Track 4 - still buzzing on the night bus home,
Track 5 - getting home to find your housemates having an ‘all back to mine’ and at first being into it but then slowly melting away on the sofa come the wee hours and wanting to go back to the solitude of your cocoon

I’d been trying to figure out if I had the time and budget to put the LP into a 15minute short film edit around this concept (I have lots of neon club footage from the before times). We’ll see if I can do something and drop it by the end of Feb

what do you think?

12 Likes

Really enjoyed this. Kicking 2021 off in style

1 Like

Xanthe Acid Youth fills me with such utter joy; 303 acid basslines are like a direct link to my soul. I wish I could explain it, but I don’t have the words, suffice to say it’s my first Track of 2021.

3 Likes

YES

2 Likes

Cheers Yvash

yeah, I think that’s my favourite track of the whole piece, the tinkly arps and the 303 together with a major key modulation really getting the feeling of childlike joy and endorphin release. Very pleased with how that came out. Glad you like :pray:t3:

Getting a lot of positive feedback on this release

2 Likes

It’s the little detail at the minute mark; at first I thought you’d sampled a crowd making woo! noises at the start of a set or a song or a band coming out on stage and added it at a slightly subliminal level and then the next time through I realised it was all just synth sound and it caused my brain to add the imagery and that’s even better.

1 Like

Cool

because to me this release is not music you’d play in a club but more music which paints a picture of the whole club experience - the nightclub ritual as the central locus of some kind of modern psychogeography - and I guess I made it to try and relive that experience vicariously at a time when that experience is and can only be memory

really need to get the idea on film (into my iphone & laptop)

3 Likes

I think you should drop Adam Curtis a line.

3 Likes

Also, it’s strange but I like the memory of clubs and clubbing more than I think I liked the actual in-the-moment clubbing experience for the most part. This record conjurs that up for me, so it’s a winner.

2 Likes

y’see, this is why I didn’t want to talk about the concept :wink:

though maybe it would have got some traction with RA, DJmag, Mixmag etc given my previous releases if we’d lead with this as the concept when doing the promo

maybe we can do that if I can nail a video?

2 Likes

me too - the distilled moments of hazey joy in recollection rather than all the arseache of the reality (though I included the first track and last track to have the story arc)

Glad to hear it’s been successful in getting that across

1 Like

Enjoyed listening to the album with this in mind!

It also makes the upcoming MueseuM release very funny because the press release will be “Two idiots fuck about in a basement and get middling results”.

6 Likes