Disintegration State - new Lowering

(can I also be extremely self-indulgent and wanky and say that reading the description on the Bandcamp page makes it sound like a thematic cousin to my album)

2 Likes

For the full VFOS experience I recommend being a little too drunk laying on your sofa while a cat sits on your chest and looks disdainfully at the noise leaking from your headphones.

3 Likes

(It’s a pretty wanky bandcamp description tbf. I hope to hear that soon - if I have one criticism of our labels output this year it’d be ‘not enough Mute Branches.’

Also drunk hermit ambient is the new punk pass it on. )

OH YOU AIN’T SEEN NOTHIN YET

Breaking News on Pitchfork: Disintegration State Artists Ignite Feud Over Who Can Write The Wankiest Description

2 Likes

the way the rhythms work against the swelling swirling sounds underneath on ‘Throwing Hexes’ is evoking the tone of Succour by Seefeel, but more kind of “fluid” and like you’re sinking into a weird TV snow world

2 Likes

Oh shit son, you best not step to me in a wank-off.

No, wait, let me rephrase that…

2 Likes

Disintegrated Kleenex (DS069)

8 Likes

I’m on the last track now. This is great; one of those ambient-ish tracks I love where it has what you and all your pals love about ambient music (the lingering within a certain mood) and yet at the same time a very perceivable sense of progression, with neither of 'em contradicting one another

smashing ay it like

1 Like

also mad flange there

1 Like

See reading that makes it sound like something I absolutely want to listen to. It being about my little song is bizarre.

Did the spoken word thing make any sense at all? That was a last minute inclusion and I’m really not sure it needed to be there.

It worked for me. (Couldn’t make out what it was, possibly in part bc of this ear). Reminded me a bit of Burial, or more specifically that same sorta club sounds + isolation tone. It felt like a suitable addition either way, like suitably weird to hear a human voice

1 Like

Can confirm @manches’s forthcoming album is absolutely ace.

2 Likes

Yeah I think my urge to mask my voice made it hard to pick out any words. Probably should have waited until I had a better mic before I tried that as well tbf…

I thought this was the label group chat as well. Rampant public self indulgence/self doubt is the mark of a Cool and Interesting guy right? Right.

1 Like

Is that mastered and done? If so I’m going to have to commandeer a copy. For, uh, promo purposes…

4 Likes

I also require a copy for promotional purposes, being an important promo…type guy :female_detective:

6 Likes

Yep! Just waiting for Roscoe and Marlon to confirm their availability for the record cover photo shoot.

3 Likes

I can confirm @anon89873996 is absolutely vital to our relentless PR drive.

5 Likes

She’s 100% an honorary label-mate

5 Likes

Hello folks!

I’m thinking of getting some Adventsong t-shirts printed for the gig in February, but wanted to get some thoughts from you (by way of some really exciting polls) before I go ahead.

I’m thinking either a large design, or a small one where a breast pocket would go (but without a pocket), and either white on black, black on white, or light blue on navy blue.

• I would consider buying a t-shirt (either at the show or at some point online)
  • fo,m your t-shirts are rubbish
0 voters
  • Large design
  • Small design
0 voters
  • Black design, white t-shirt
  • Light blue design, navy blue t-shirt
  • White design, black t-shirt
0 voters

Then would be good to get an idea of sizes…

• S
  • M
  • L
  • XL
  • XXL
0 voters

And what you’d be happy to spend. They’d likely be a bog standard Gildan softstyle t-shirt, I’ve got a FOTL one which feels decent enough so going off that!

0 voters
2 Likes