Disintegration State - new Lowering

Ive got a ticket to the gig now

3 Likes

Yay! Leeds meet in Manchester!

1 Like

I’m sure your work is / was way better than mine! Part of the cover is actually a photo I took of the washing up water because (iirc) the tree outside looked cool reflected in the water that had collected in a little oven tray that had all bits of burned food still left in it.

Also thank you massively for your extremely kind words! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New tracks sound :lips::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Cheers! I’m really happy with how the masters give them that extra sort of sheen. I’d listened through to my old versions so many times, these finished versions just bring everything out that little bit more.

2 Likes

New Mute Branches album day tomorrow :partying_face:

5 Likes

Super excited for folks to hear this. And thanks for the support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mute Branches - Notanymore

We’re kicking off 2019 with a fantastic album by @manches ft. Marlon & Ro$coe

MB is one of those artists on a label with a really unique sound, but I’ve described it in our press release as a lovechild of Oneohtrix Point Never, Beach House, and Fennesz. From our bandcamp page:

This is music for imagined stories in imaginary places, perhaps reaching its evocative apex in the peculiar grace of The Sunken Restaurant. The artist has described the album as a “sense of taking a walk through a world irreparably torn apart by excess and whatnot” with the music made up of “the remnants of memories and things from abandoned or decayed places”. There is beauty in these ruins amidst the long-forgotten tales of sorrow that wrought them and Mute Branches would love to be your tour guide.

Also on all the streaming services.

Basically, this is really bloody good.

8 Likes

Ro$coe’s flow is sick as.

6 Likes

Saturday bump for the Mute Branches EP

1 Like

Listened to it last night and absolutely loved it. Love how the songs don’t go where I expect them to in a really great way. So much to uncover. I fell asleep right at the end so any more detailed thoughts have been lost to that, but I know I will be listening to this a lot.

4 Likes

Listened yesterday and it’s fucking wicked. Nice one @manches

4 Likes

I spent a decent chunk of yesterday zoning out to Zoner I & II. His sound is a hard one to pin down - I got as far as deciding the opener sounds a bit like the soundtrack to a long lost and possibly haunted SNES era Square RPG. The rest doesn’t sound like that and I got too lost in it to come up with comparisons.

4 Likes

yeeeeesssssssssssssss (there are a couple of SNES RPG samples in both the Zoners bc of how much I love that sort of atmosphere). If the next one sounds anything like I plan it to, that sort of tone will be turned up to a billion

also thanks again, everyone who’s listened! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Bamnan Just wanted to say that I listened to Io just now and it’s sort of blown me away. Makes me think of some middle ground between a cleaned up 65dos, Tortoise and the jazzier end of some math rock. Pretty stunning man

5 Likes

aw thanks very much :blush:

I was kinda thinking on the lines of Tortoise with the drums and bassline on that one.

Listening back with some distance now gotta be honest I don’t know how I pulled that EP off as I don’t really play piano! The little fluttery bit at around 1:10 is maybe my favourite section I’ve ever wrote.

2 Likes

:grinning:
There’s so much to unpack - lot’s of little details.

1 Like

gonna listen to this @manches release now and “liveblog” my thoughts or whatever you kids call it.

3 Likes

Acceleration pact

Very interesting and tension building start with the delayed synth there. Sounds like a spooky graveyard in a Castlevania game or something, some evil spell has been cast at any rate!

Love the pulsing beat that’s been introduced gives the whole thing an uneasy drunken kinda sway which contrasts nicely with the calming layers of guitar(?) arpeggios that are lulling me into a dreamlike state.

Feels like some ancient bells are chiming in the background here with the unsettling de-tuned notes around the 3:30 mark.

Dense track and harmonically complex but very elegantly constructed!

4 Likes

Zoner I

Nice climbing melody on the guitar here, still feels like we are in a hazy dream but the tension built up over the last 5 minutes has settled somewhat.

Love what I think are the slow reversed guitars in the background that sound almost like synth pads adding depth and richness.

Stripped back at around 2:30 now almost reminds me of early Low albums where the sound of the squeaking on the fretboard is almost as important and vital as the chords. Lots of room to breathe!

Existing now in that lovely space between major and minor where all good feelings are made.

Drums are picking up now rousing the track from it’s slumber and bringing urgency to the melody.

Synths adding an almost choral line here towards the end of the track as if heading into the light!

4 Likes