Disintegration State - new Lowering

Have you ever boogied in 7/8 and if so, did you enjoy it?
@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

9 Likes

FAMILY-FRIENDLY CRYPTOCURRENCY

Vocal samples over airy analog cymbals, wailing bass and an unsettling drone, twinkling keys

dystopian advertising, “ensuring a child is rewarded instantly”

it seems like there is a sincere, innocent and graceful melody in here struggling to break through the chatter and babble and unease - I think that must be a metaphor for something

3 Likes

you know what tho personally i think banger in… slightly edges it out. it appears simpler but there’s lots of EQ trickery and this wet kind of effect on the hats i really like.

1 Like

Yeah spot on. The vocal samples are transcribed from copy for this tech monstrosity

BANGER IN Fsus(B5) add(#5)

spooky quasi-house that introduces itself through speech synthesis

I don’t know why but I’m seeing early 80s children’s school TV idents, graphics of clocks counting down on detuned cathode ray goldfish bowl televisions, green shimmers disappearing to black, the screen slowly emptying

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s genuinely creepy.

1 Like

SYNCHRONISE YOUR DOGMAS

Wobbly intro, metallic delays, analog 909 kick…ooh, triplets

seasick-inducing sub bass over cascading sawtooth sharks slowly pulling out of phase and twisting and dragging the listener down into heavily industrially polluted murky depths, hallucinating now, Tarkovsky’s Stalker meets Disney’s the Little Mermaid. Ariel stares at you vengeful horror and as the track fades she’s shooting plastic laser darts from her infected bleeding eyes, how could you have betrayed her love like this?

1 Like

NOT MY PROBLEM NOT MY PROBLEM NOT MY PROBLEM

backwards filtered percolating sequence interlude

1 Like

…that goes straight into

GLOOM FUNK

This is a pretty dark record

Ariel has left me in the darkness now and scabied killer whales are circling in anguish while electric eels dance epileptic jigs an prayer of cleansing glacial melt water

wait, the mechanistic rhythm and treacle bass is piecing together this underwater detritus into a new machine. Are the diseased marine life salvaging our waste and building their own evil robot to exact revenge? Shit, I think they are

1 Like

I think Ether Awe was escapist electronica. This one felt more like engaging with the world head-on.

WE ARE ALL EARTHLINGS

…not sure this is true

…and sure enough this one sounds like a space journey. Strings stretching out beyond oort clouds and half twinkling keys the stars whizzing by our windows as the steady rocket beats propel us further and further toward …toward what …or are we just headed away from something?

we fade out

1 Like

NATIONALITY IS A COINCIDENCE

Music box lullaby for a giant green cartoon alien monster baby, he is hideous and will grow up to kill but in this moment between waking and sleeping he is full of naive love

1 Like

THE CREATION OF ENDS

Ends as in West End Girls? The opening chord is an echo of PSB but soon we’re again in cold black ocean territory, this time with a pulsing semi-motorik beat, broken clicks and strikes, doom voices

…and a piano. I feel we’re back on land now, towing our boat over grassy hillocks through the mist to the next loch. Oh shit, there’s dragons here as well. They don’t want us here. Crikey, there’s thousands of them. They’ve retreated here to protect themselves from us. They’ve surrounded us with fire. We’re trapped. We brought this upon ourselves.

1 Like

GIVE ME A REPLAY; I CAN WORK HARDER

Some relative calm all of a sudden. Almost new age. Feels like we died in the last scene and we’re ascending through a holy well, pixelated now, we’re in Tomb Raider on the Sega Saturn. Is it a Celtic landscape or a Japanese Holy Mountain? Are we reborn?

1 Like

Still suppressing my urges to do a full psychill album…

First draft of the album finished on Creation of Ends but it felt a bit negative!

HOPE

Feels like I’ve been through a film and this is the end credits. Wait, it’s giving way now, morphing again …can’t tell if this is the loading screen now and we’re going to start again, the euphoria is lifting, right up

and then, slowly fades

4 Likes

This has made my day @BodyInTheThames :grinning:

1 Like

This was all really lovely to read. But what the people really want to know is: What’s the mastering like? :wink:

8 Likes