Disintegration State - new Lowering 😍 (oh and live night!)

chat
music
susanalbumparty

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

family friendly crypto currency :heart_eyes: the drum programming on these tracks is so good.

Shush. I was talking about you, not to you.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2-3 tracks, interlude, 2-3 tracks, interlude…

Ha! Hadn’t even occurred to me. Just thought a robot would enjoy boogieing in 7/8

Cheers buddy! This is my favourite break I’ve programmed. Basically an attempt to sound a bit like @McGarnagle on Ergonomicon!

Have you ever boogied in 7/8 and if so, did you enjoy it?
@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Signs point to yes

FAMILY-FRIENDLY CRYPTOCURRENCY

Vocal samples over airy analog cymbals, wailing bass and an unsettling drone, twinkling keys

dystopian advertising, “ensuring a child is rewarded instantly”

it seems like there is a sincere, innocent and graceful melody in here struggling to break through the chatter and babble and unease - I think that must be a metaphor for something

you know what tho personally i think banger in… slightly edges it out. it appears simpler but there’s lots of EQ trickery and this wet kind of effect on the hats i really like.

Yeah spot on. The vocal samples are transcribed from copy for this tech monstrosity

BANGER IN Fsus(B5) add(#5)

spooky quasi-house that introduces itself through speech synthesis

I don’t know why but I’m seeing early 80s children’s school TV idents, graphics of clocks counting down on detuned cathode ray goldfish bowl televisions, green shimmers disappearing to black, the screen slowly emptying

That’s genuinely creepy.

SYNCHRONISE YOUR DOGMAS

Wobbly intro, metallic delays, analog 909 kick…ooh, triplets

seasick-inducing sub bass over cascading sawtooth sharks slowly pulling out of phase and twisting and dragging the listener down into heavily industrially polluted murky depths, hallucinating now, Tarkovsky’s Stalker meets Disney’s the Little Mermaid. Ariel stares at you vengeful horror and as the track fades she’s shooting plastic laser darts from her infected bleeding eyes, how could you have betrayed her love like this?

NOT MY PROBLEM NOT MY PROBLEM NOT MY PROBLEM

backwards filtered percolating sequence interlude

…that goes straight into

GLOOM FUNK

This is a pretty dark record

Ariel has left me in the darkness now and scabied killer whales are circling in anguish while electric eels dance epileptic jigs an prayer of cleansing glacial melt water

wait, the mechanistic rhythm and treacle bass is piecing together this underwater detritus into a new machine. Are the diseased marine life salvaging our waste and building their own evil robot to exact revenge? Shit, I think they are

I think Ether Awe was escapist electronica. This one felt more like engaging with the world head-on.

WE ARE ALL EARTHLINGS

…not sure this is true

…and sure enough this one sounds like a space journey. Strings stretching out beyond oort clouds and half twinkling keys the stars whizzing by our windows as the steady rocket beats propel us further and further toward …toward what …or are we just headed away from something?

we fade out

NATIONALITY IS A COINCIDENCE

Music box lullaby for a giant green cartoon alien monster baby, he is hideous and will grow up to kill but in this moment between waking and sleeping he is full of naive love